Write-in-candidate 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Just saying, FedEx has twenty-three votes and UPS has three. The public is taking notice of bad performance on the part of UPS employees and if I were the marketing director of UPS, I'd be taking serious notice of this poll.

FWIW, all of our UPS delivery drivers have been courteous and respectful; no attitude. I don't have a choice in what carrier vendors choose to use but I do have a choice in what shippers I choose to use and due to a favorable view of FedEx, when I have shipping needs, I prefer to choose FedEx or the USPS with UPS being a last choice.

(I'm conflicted between the USPS and UPS as overall, they both have similar personal images; below that of FedEx.)

-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
^^^

I will agree that our local UPS drivers are actually quite nice people. For a while, when I was going through gear very quickly, I got to know one lady on a first name basis. smile.gif The problem being, I can't see what happens "behind the scenes". And like I mentioned, I've had many more problems with damage with UPS than Fed Ex. So now when it's my choice, I choose Fed Ex.

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

post #33 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 95
shipped an onkyo 805 (50lbs receiver) to tennesee from iowa and it was f...in destroyed by UPS...

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
post #34 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 12:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 517
Regardless of the thinly disguised profanity on the thread ..

I've been both a UPS / USPS / FedEx customer for many, many years .. I ship worldwide .. electronics as well as custom guitars in the $3000 and up range .. I've had 3 claims for damage in the last 20 years ..

How is that possible .. ?? I follow the packing guildlines the carriers suggest and if it's critical, I pack even more securely than they suggest .. it's really simple as that ..

Drivers are overworked / Package handlers are pushed for production / if you want something delivered intact, pack it like Ft Knox ..

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

post #35 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM

Liked: 10
Fedex by a mile. I've had damage issues with UPS. (Only twice, but still.) Also Fedex won't hold my package at the local office an extra day like UPS has done in the past.
post #36 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 01:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 384
I wonder how much UPS' business has been hurt since FedEx Ground has been in business? I have commuted quite a bit for over 25 years and I used to see way more UPS tractor trailers and doubles than I do now.

Bill

My SACD collection, watch it grow and my wallet shrink ;-).

Denon 4311 (in preamp mode), Parasound 2100, Boston Acoustics A7200 amp, Oppo BDP-103, Consonance CD120, Panasonic TC-P60GT50 plasma, Panamax 5100EX, Salk Song Towers, Song Center, ADS 300C (surrounds) and two Rythmik F12SEs.
post #37 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mac View Post

I wonder how much UPS' business has been hurt since FedEx Ground has been in business? I have commuted quite a bit for over 25 years and I used to see way more UPS tractor trailers and doubles than I do now.
Bill

I don't think business is down that much if at all for UPS. With the proliferation of online ordering, the shipping "pie" had grown substantially since FedEx Ground launched. I guess UPS would have a lot more activity if there was no FedEx...

UPS (and most of the shipping companies) have largely transitioned to rail and air, even for "Ground" delivery, so there is far less long distance trucking going on. Most of the shippers are locating their large consolidation points close to rail and airports as the cost of long haul shipping by truck has become prohibitive. Kinda miss seeing those doubles though.
post #38 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I live in So Cal, I have bought $$$$$$ of items from New egg. They used to use UPS and things got trashed, I read a few reviews that had quoted A UPS disclaimer somewhere that read, All packages subject to a six foot drop... I'm not sure if it's along there automatic slider systems or something the like.
post #39 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I have been in small package "shipping" for 20 years. Here is what is real: for every person ticked off at UPS, there is one person ticked off at FedEx. Just luck if your packages have been great with FedEx and trashed by UPS, or the opposite. This poll really means nothing. UPS is market leader in ground, FedEx market leader in Air.

Both carriers have roughly the same amount of damage claims, lost packages, missed pickups, and missed on-time deliveries. Both carriers drop stuff 6 feet. The conveyor systems that handle the freight are almost identical, so are the people, unions not withstanding. If you are happy wtih FedEx stay with them. If you love UPS, stay with them.

Willie
post #40 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 23
^^^

Sorry if I don't believe you.

biggrin.gif

The results of this poll match my own experience. If Fed Ex truly had as many problems as UPS, then the poll would show that. But it doesn't.

If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ... Something old and something new :-)

post #41 of 41 Old 10-12-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie View Post

I have been in small package "shipping" for 20 years. Here is what is real: for every person ticked off at UPS, there is one person ticked off at FedEx. Just luck if your packages have been great with FedEx and trashed by UPS, or the opposite. This poll really means nothing. UPS is market leader in ground, FedEx market leader in Air.

Both carriers have roughly the same amount of damage claims, lost packages, missed pickups, and missed on-time deliveries. Both carriers drop stuff 6 feet. The conveyor systems that handle the freight are almost identical, so are the people, unions not withstanding. If you are happy wtih FedEx stay with them. If you love UPS, stay with them.

Willie

Don't forget our little friends from the German post office...they're also just as capable...

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page