Receivers with VGA input? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I'm just recently in the market for a cheap (<$400) receiver for my family room. I have an older Xbox that predates their support for HDMI; so I've only got VGA + stereo audio out from it. I browsed a few manufacturer's sites and searched AVS Forum for some suggestions, but haven't had any luck... Can anyone point me at any receivers (if they exist) that support VGA/Stereo audio in?

Currently my Samsung LN52A650 TV does support this input directly, but having just mounted the TV over my fireplace, I now require that the sole input from the TV come via HDMI from the receiver.

I am aware there are some pricey (~$150) VGA/Stereo to HDMI converters, but at that price I'd be better off just buying a new Xbox that supports HDMI natively.

Thanks in advance!

- Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-06-2012, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just found that some Onkyo models, starting at TX-NR609 do support VGA input (15 pin D-Sub). This particular unit is $599 and probably overkill for my purposes; if anyone know of a similar product, but slightly cheaper - I would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks again!
post #3 of 3 Old 10-06-2012, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
The simplest and probably cheapest solution is to get an AV receiver that can do component to HDMI conversion and use component cables to connect your Xbox 360 to your receiver. There are a lot more receivers out there that can do analog to HDMI conversion than have VGA inputs.

I'm not sure why you weren't using component cables when you had your 360 connected directly to the TV, it would've been simpler and cheaper as well.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page