Denon AVR-2112 setup with Wii - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 10-06-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have a Denon AVR-2112CI, trying to set it up with the Wii system. However, I have no luck at all... My Wii is connected to my 2112CI using a composite cable (YRW). The yellow goes to DVD IN, and the red and yellow go to the R/L in the DVD IN in the back panel, then it is using HDMI out and connected to my TV. What did I do wrong? How come there is no signal (video and sound) at all on my TV? Do I have to use the component cable instead? But I have saw some posts people are able to run it using composite.... Please help.... Thank you very much!!! smile.gif

Willy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1590
Make sure the DVD(HDMI) setting (p. 101 OM) is set to NONE. You may also want to consider using a Wii2HDMI.

For more info on your 2112CI, review posts #3-6 in the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your help, I am not too sure why in my menu of input assign doesn't pick up the DVD, all I have is my PS3 and a video player, both connected in HDMI, another one is V.AUX, I renamed it to Wii, and in the input assign I changed it to RCA and set HDMI none in the component. but still no luck, it seems like it is not detecting the signal from my Wii....
post #4 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 06:16 AM
585-645-1006

The composite inputs (Y,R,W) are not assignable, so you must use the source name on the input's label as you indicated in your first post. Also, RCA refers to a "component video" cable (R,B,G) so does not apply in this instance, so Component(DVD) should also be set to "None". Your post is a bit confusing as you first indicated the Wii was plugged in to the DVD inputs and then you say the Wii is plugged in to the V. Aux inputs (on the front panel). confused.gif

Also confirm the Wii is set up correctly by ensuring it works when plugged straight in to the TV.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #5 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry for the confusion, so I have to rename it back to V.Aux? Let me rephrase to make it more clear.

1. I have connected my Wii with a composite inputs (Y, R, W) to the back panel where it says (DVD IN for both audio (R/L) and video).
2. What I mean to the V.AUX means I rename it in the assign menu to Wii because I think that is the channel (Apparently I am wrong).

So what I will do is rename it back to V.AUX since it is not related. However, in my assign menu, there is no DVD as selection to change it to NONE. I only have my PS3 (GAME1), OPLAYER (BD), NET/USB and V.AUX. that's it... it is still not picking up the signal from Wii. I did connect it direct to TV and it works. What did I do wrong? Sorry for the confusion...Thank you once again!

Willy.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 AM
585-645-1006

The V.Aux inputs are those on the "front" panel so V. Aux doesn't even come into play for you. Each of the HDMI inputs factory defaults to a specific source as noted below and on p. 101 in your Owner's manual. If you purchased a used, refurb, or demo unit, suggest resetting the microprocessor (p. 129 OM) and start over from scratch.

post #7 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Hi again,

I just tried to connect my composite inputs in the front where it says V.AUX. It works! Now, my question is why it is not detecting if I plug in the back panel where DVD IN is? Also, I have noticed that the picture quality is not that great, maybe use Wii2HDMI adapter would be a better idea in order to improve the picture quality?

thanks!
Willy.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 AM
585-645-1006

Likely because the DVD source "name" has been deleted. Reset the microprocessor and set all settings to factory defaults which will restore all source names in the process. Also note there is no video chip in the 2112CI, so the AVR will not upgrade the picture quality, rather it simply passes the 480p signal through to the TV as is. Using the Wii2HDMI would upscale the image to 1080p.

post #9 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 07:01 AM - Thread Starter

I see... I am going to try and reset it then, so even if I switch to Wii2HDMI adapter it won't improve the picture quality?
My setting right now is:

HDMI 1: Oplayer for movies.
HDMI 4: PS3 for games.

What do you mean DVD has been deleted? Also, I don't have others like TV/ Sat... etc listed. You mean it should be showing in the menu?

Which page in OM can I refer to do a reset?

thank you very much for your help!
Willy.
post #10 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 07:06 AM
585-645-1006

The Wii2HDMI will upscale the 480p image to 1080p, although as I've never used the Wii2HDMI cannot comment on whether the picture quality is improved that much or rather just resized to 1080p.

There is a "Source Delete" feature (p. 95 OM) that allows you to set any source names that you're not using to "Delete" rather than "ON", so you don't have to cycle through them. Although you can go to that menu item and reset the DVD setting back to "ON", you're likely better served resetting the microprocessor (p. 129 OM) to ensure all other settings as well are restored to factory defaults to include the other missing source names (eg. SAT/CBL).

Also note that by resetting the microprocessor, you will have to run AUTO SETUP (Audyssey) again as well.

post #11 of 11 Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

I reset the microprocessor and everything is back! Not too sure why they weren't there first place. I bought this unit new from BB, now it is automatically detects the Wii.... Thank you for your help!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page