Athem MRX 300 processor problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-07-2012, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased the first 300 a year ago and returned it after two months because the video signal was scrambled. I got another one from the dealer and it was working great for a year up until today. It was set up with the arc system worked great. Firmware 50.12 Has there been a problem with the processor on this model? Audio is fine. Any other Quick fix? Hdmi cables are fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-07-2012, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Don't assume the receiver is the problem. I learned this week it's hard to isolate problems with HDMI through a process of elimination. When I replaced my old receiver with my new MRX700 certain video signals wouldn't display from my blu-ray player. If I connected the blu-ray directly to the flat panel display it worked correctly. Logically you would think the receiver is the problem right? Wrong.

Turns out the flat panel display was at fault, and it only happened with this particular receiver and blu-ray player. None of my other equipment could reproduce the problem. Applying a firmware upgrade to the flat panel fixed it.

When people say HDMI is an end to end protocol, it means any device in the chain could be at fault. There's no way to trace it or know which manufacturer is at fault; all you know is that a particular combination of equipment doesn't work. HDMI is a black box and only trial and error can fix it. Hopefully in the future equipment will display a diagnostic error log.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page