After a bunch of attempts, hours and hours worth, I figured out the issue and had the update done in 5 minutes.
I turned on the receiver and let it get back to the "Update Retry" phase. I then went into my routers admin panel and found the IP address that the receiver was assigned. Copied that IP address, found the DMZ option in the router and added the receivers IP to place it in DMZ mode.
Went back to my receiver, updated started and was done in 5 minutes.
Hope this helps someone, what a pain, I was going to return it tomorrow so I'm glad this worked.
HI there. i have a avrx2000 that i received just a couple of days ago. it failed to take the firmware update correctly. it has largely made the unit useless unless it can take the firmware update. i am going to try this tonight. i have requested another unit be sent to me but would much rather just know how to solve this issue. if you have any other suggestions it would be very welcome.
thanks for your time
i did....i also was able to find it as a download and tried it as a usb front panel download...it began correctly but said the unzipped folder was empty, which it clearly was not as it contained at least six .bin files as well as a couple others. it seems that there is no real way to solve this. it is surprising. this is a brand new unit, less than 4 days out of the box, and worked for one night until the firmware was tried the first time via cat5.
not really sure what to do at this point except send it back.