New AV receiver thoughts - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I posted some of this in the NAD T 757 thread, but I'm guessing it doesn't get much use and I'll word this a bit more general. I'm looking to replace a Rotel RSX-1056 that is developing volume control issues, and it also lacks any HDMI connectivity.

I use my system for about 80% music, and 20% HT. My main music source is actually a Windows media center PC where I rip all my CD's to native WAV format. This is connected to my Rotel via digital optical cable. I tend to listen to my music in a mode called seven channel stereo, but I disable the center channel. I think I've narrowed my search down to the Marantz SR5007, Denon 3313CI (or 3312CI), and the NAD T 757. I am willing to listen to other recommendations.

Since It's mainly for music, I'm really looking for something with stellar audio. Here are some basic criteria.

I do NOT need more than a single HDMI output, I need about four inputs.
I need pre-amp output to connect a Rotel RB-1080 amp to drive the L/R fronts
A phono input would be nice, but not a show stopper if it's missing.
The receiver will only be driving five speakers, so I don't need GOBS of power.

Some type of automated room setup would be nice.
Price range around $1000 US

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 11:37 AM

Have you given a listen to Anthem? I had an Integra DTR 40.3 for about a year. I sold it and bought an Anthem MRX-500 and the sound with movies and music is night and day. I love the Anthem but liked the Integra too....

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

post #3 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigmfan View Post

Have you given a listen to Anthem? I had an Integra DTR 40.3 for about a year. I sold it and bought an Anthem MRX-500 and the sound with movies and music is night and day. I love the Anthem but liked the Integra too....

Thanks for the heads-up on Anthem. I took a look at their lineup, and the MRX300 would be in my price range. One of the things that was holding me back from the NAD is it's extremely basic room setup. It just sets volume and delay without doing any type of equilization. It sounds like Anthem has their own brand specific setup called "ARC", and it has great reviews.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-09-2012, 04:28 AM

My speakers sounded good with my Integra but with my Anthem it sounded better out of the box. After I ran ARC, my speakers actually came "alive" and heard sounds I never heard from my Pioneer Elite or my Integra. Definatley a receiver to give a listen to. Good luck.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page