receiver pre out / main in bridged - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello to all, link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/MITSUBISHI-M-R8010-AUDIO-VIDEO-SURROUND-RECEIVER-250watts-/251163669931?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item3a7a8575ab

currently i'm 3d with a mitsubishi 3d set, ( which i'm looking to upgrade )
i should like to use all vintage equipment,
sourcing an all mitsubishi setup is challenging, not impossible. due to a large mitsubishi presence, between the 70's and 80's.
now first question;

1. ) from what i understand using vintage equipment, i need a mitsubishi source for the sub woofer.
what input ( on tv ) options are available.

2.) skipping ahead, i've seen a m-r8010 ( mitsubishi ) having pre out / main in bridged together,
what is the pre out, is it pre amplifier out ? what is the main in. is that the amplifier in, both being offered as part of
the internal structure of the m-r8010.

a. running two matching mitsubishi amplifiers, could i split these ( the two ) left x2 & right x2, and run them into the bridge ?
b. could i keep the factory bridge intact while adding two amplifiers.

so that connection would look like amp(A) L to amp (B) L & amp (A) R to amp (B) R which leaves the L & R male connections...

for the m-r8010: PRE out L to MAIN in L & PRE OUT R to MAIN in R ( which is how its now bridged ( SEE LINK ) so, split the
PRE OUT MAIN L & PRE OUT MAIN R with male to female RCA's & connect AMP A & B

would this connection allow amplifiers a & b to be controlled by the receiver, keeping the bridge intact, just adding more power.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page