Recent experience with my Onkyo RC-360 receiver. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wanted to report my personal experience with an Onkyo RC 360 receiver. The first one I bought broke within 3 weeks as it was not sending a signal to the rear speakers. It was replaced with another one which I received 9/22/2011. That one was fine for the first 10 months and then I started having minor issues. It started by again not outputting sound but I would still get a video signal. Then finally, less than a month before the warranty ran out it quit outputting any signal whatsoever.

Onkyo has the worst service system I have ever heard of. They make you bring it to an authorized repair shop, in my case "Jersey Jim Towers T.V./Electronics". The place has like 7 negative reviews and and they are about to get another one from me. It's been there since 9/8/2012 and I just got off the phone with them. They said they are waiting on parts that won't be here until 10/15. Funny because that arrival date keeps getting pushed back everytime I call. On top of that, the lady told me that I need to be careful because the receivers they ship usually have a 80% CASUALTY rating when they ship them back. Sounds like packaging might be an issue?

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have my receiver during football season, which is pretty much the only time I really watch TV. Expensive lesson but I now I know to scratch Onkyo off my OK to buy list.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page