Marantz SR6007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 14 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #391 of 411 Old 09-08-2015, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Although it shouldn't be required, in some instances this issue can be resolved by placing an HDMI switch/splitter between the AVR and the TV simply passing the video signal through the switch/splitter to the TV.
You pointed in the right direction. Thanks for that.
Just unplugging the TV gave me the same results as switching him on.

First I will upgrade de HDMI cable (it's a cheap one).
Then I wil try the splitter option.

Peter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #392 of 411 Old 09-28-2015, 06:38 AM

Just wanted to let you know that replacing the HDMI cable was the solution.
Ones more evidence that there are quality issues with budget HDMI cables.

Peter
post #393 of 411 Old 12-17-2015, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Click sounds are generally normal, although perhaps another 6007 can specifically comment on the loudness level for you. Otherwise, cable/sat boxes often have HDMI handshake issues when connected to an AVR. First try connecting each cable box to EVERY HDMI input to see if one works better than another. If still no joy, you'll have to connect HDMI directly to the TV with optical from the box to the AVR (which is generally what professional installers will do from theh get go as even if the box works without issue originally, it's not uncommon for a firmware update to the box to cause an HDMI handshake issue).

You might also want to try the HDMI HDCP reset procedure listed below ....

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/th...0_100#user_L11
Sorry for posting in this old thread, but I am trying to locate how to do the HDMI HDCP reset on a used SR6007 I just got, but I can't for the life of me find it via the link above. Can someone please help me get this info? thanks

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
SR6010->Chane A2rx-c x 3+ DCM OW-1s x 2 +Klipch HQ-12 sub+ ML Dynamo 300 sub
post #394 of 411 Old 12-18-2015, 01:48 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9357 Post(s)
Liked: 4317
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoofar View Post
Sorry for posting in this old thread, but I am trying to locate how to do the HDMI HDCP reset on a used SR6007 I just got, but I can't for the life of me find it via the link above. Can someone please help me get this info? thanks
HDMI HDCP reset
1. With all devices powered on, remove the two HDMI cables at both ends from the source device to the AVR and from the AVR to the TV.
2. Power off all devices and disconnect power cables to all devices.
3. Wait 10-15 minutes.
4. Reconnect HDMI and power cables to all devices.
5. Power on the devices in this order ... TV, wait a few secs, AVR, wait a few secs, and then source device (although this is the generally recommended order, in some instances, you may have better luck powering on the AVR first and then the TV, then the source last ... bottom line if it's still not working, try a different power on sequence).
christoofar likes this.

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #395 of 411 Old 01-13-2016, 10:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I still have my Marantz SR6007.

Everything works fine. Problem is that when I play internet radio the tv displays the track duration, song & station name correctly. Which automatically change when a new song is played.

Yet when I look at the porthole display the information doesn't change like it used to. Just displays the last played station/song name and durations. Duration and the track/station change at all when a new song name appears on the tv.

Any ideas why this is happening. As sometime I like to listen to internet radio without having to turn on the tv and find it frustrating that the information on the porthole display does not change like it does when I look at the OSD on the tv.
post #396 of 411 Old 01-14-2016, 07:26 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12345567 View Post
I still have my Marantz SR6007.

Everything works fine. Problem is that when I play internet radio the tv displays the track duration, song & station name correctly. Which automatically change when a new song is played.

Yet when I look at the porthole display the information doesn't change like it used to. Just displays the last played station/song name and durations. Duration and the track/station change at all when a new song name appears on the tv.

Any ideas why this is happening. As sometime I like to listen to internet radio without having to turn on the tv and find it frustrating that the information on the porthole display does not change like it does when I look at the OSD on the tv.
When something out of the ordinary occurs (with no subsequent setting changes), the first troubleshooting step is to power of the AVR and unplug the power cord for at least 10 minutes. If still no joy, the next step would be a microprocessor reset (p. 162 Owner's manual).

------------
"JD" - Call 585-645-1006 or email jd@avscience.com for AVR selection and pricing discussion 8am - 8pm EST daily (incl Sat/Sun)
AV Science - Dealer for Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atl Tech, SVS, Oppo

Think you have a defective AVR? Owner's manual - Factory reset 4-5 times in a row.
post #397 of 411 Old 01-14-2016, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
When something out of the ordinary occurs (with no subsequent setting changes), the first troubleshooting step is to power of the AVR and unplug the power cord for at least 10 minutes.
Thanks. Unplugging the receiver from the mains and standby for around 10 mins seems to have fixed the problem.
post #398 of 411 Old 01-14-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 102
It seems that sometimes even A/V receivers need a "time out".

Heart in SoCal - Soul from the Motor City
SR6010->Chane A2rx-c x 3+ DCM OW-1s x 2 +Klipch HQ-12 sub+ ML Dynamo 300 sub
post #399 of 411 Old 01-30-2016, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Marantz SR 6007 keeps shutting down

Yesterday was watching some sports on MIOTV and suddenly heard a click sound
And saw that my avr had shut down. Not on standby, but shut down. Removed the power cord , put it back again and switched on. Everything was normal for 2 minutes then again same shut down.

Today morning started again, worked for a minute and then again shut down.

Something like this had happened 2-3 months back but it had started working after i switched on and was ok till yesterday.

I have settopbox, bd player and apple tv connected via hdmi and powering monitor audio rx6 fronts and rxc plus a pb2000 sub woofer.

Anybody faced this problem before? I am at loss for what to do next.

Thanks in advance
post #400 of 411 Old 01-30-2016, 01:24 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeravks View Post
Yesterday was watching some sports on MIOTV and suddenly heard a click sound
And saw that my avr had shut down. Not on standby, but shut down. Removed the power cord , put it back again and switched on. Everything was normal for 2 minutes then again same shut down.

Today morning started again, worked for a minute and then again shut down.

Something like this had happened 2-3 months back but it had started working after i switched on and was ok till yesterday.

I have settopbox, bd player and apple tv connected via hdmi and powering monitor audio rx6 fronts and rxc plus a pb2000 sub woofer.

Anybody faced this problem before? I am at loss for what to do next.

Thanks in advance

What volume level is set when the AVR shuts down? Do you have your FL/FR speakers set to SMALL/80Hz as is recommended? What source is streaming the MIOTV? Visually check the back of the AVR to ensure there are no stray speaker wires from one speaker post touching another speaker post. If no speaker wire issues, disconnect all source devices and see if the AVR shuts down using only the TUNER or networking source.

------------

post #401 of 411 Old 01-30-2016, 01:56 AM

Quote:
What volume level is set when the AVR shuts down? Do you have your FL/FR speakers set to SMALL/80Hz as is recommended? What source is streaming the MIOTV? Visually check the back of the AVR to ensure there are no stray speaker wires from one speaker post touching another speaker post. If no speaker wire issues, disconnect all source devices and see if the AVR shuts down using only the TUNER or networking source.
Volume level is 35 on a 0-98 scae. Front Speakers are set to small. MioTV is the set-top box from the cable provider. Checked the back.

Removed all connections, kept only the power cord connected, started again. It starts but then again shuts down.

Finally did a hard reset as mentioned in the manual, but then started again it shuts down again.

Seems like need to send to service center and maybe spend 100-200 dollars
post #402 of 411 Old 01-30-2016, 02:03 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Volume level is 35 on a 0-98 scae. Front Speakers are set to small. MioTV is the set-top box from the cable provider. Checked the back.

Removed all connections, kept only the power cord connected, started again. It starts but then again shuts down.

Finally did a hard reset as mentioned in the manual, but then started again it shuts down again.

Seems like need to send to service center and maybe spend 100-200 dollars

Yup, sounds like amp failure.

The SR6007 comes with a 3 year warranty if purchased "new" from an authorized dealer. If only 1-2 months beyond 3 years from purchase, call Marantz to see if they will cover the warranty repair, otherwise, if purchased with a credit card, many cards (MC, VISA, DISCOVER) will extend the warranty a 4th year so you would work directly with the card issuer to effect repair or replacement. Check with your card issuer to confirm if this is a benefit your card offers.

------------

post #403 of 411 Old 01-31-2016, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Yup, sounds like amp failure.

The SR6007 comes with a 3 year warranty if purchased "new" from an authorized dealer. If only 1-2 months beyond 3 years from purchase, call Marantz to see if they will cover the warranty repair, otherwise, if purchased with a credit card, many cards (MC, VISA, DISCOVER) will extend the warranty a 4th year so you would work directly with the card issuer to effect repair or replacement. Check with your card issuer to confirm if this is a benefit your card offers.
Purchased it in Singapore and here the warranty is a paltry one year. But its so strange that the problem started occurring after it finished 3 yrs. Anybody can tell me how much would be the expected cost of repair for this?
post #404 of 411 Old 01-31-2016, 09:45 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Purchased it in Singapore and here the warranty is a paltry one year. But its so strange that the problem started occurring after it finished 3 yrs. Anybody can tell me how much would be the expected cost of repair for this?
Likely at least $200-$300 but best to just call a repair shop and get an estimate.

------------

post #405 of 411 Old 02-12-2016, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow, it has been a long time since I posted. I am sure some in the forum will remember me as the guy who ended up offering the Pioneer VSX-33/VSX-1120K firmware for everyone to update and fix their issues. Anyways, just wanted to state that I am an SR6007 owner, and have been for about a year now. I have no issues with it at all. It has that smooth, warm, rich, musical sound that I have always found and come to expect from Marantz. It sounds absolutely fantastic for movies as well. I will say this though. People often compare Marantz to Denon in the product stack in the following way. It has been happening every year in a similar fashion as well.

AVR-2113CI = SR5007
AVR-2313CI = SR6007
AVR-3313CI = SR7007

This, however, is not true at all. Many believe these models are matching, and the Marantz offerings in the product stack are more expensive as they offer more connections than the competing Denon models. In reality though, Marantz models actually offer less connections than the competing Denon models. This is how the receivers actually match up

AVR-2313CI = SR5007
AVR-3113CI = SR6007
AVR-4520 = SR7007

Marantz does not offer more connections than the Denons. In fact, Marantz actually offers less connections. If you look in the back, the SR6007 has less connections than the AVR-3313CI, yet matches it in real watts per channel, despite the fact that the 3313CI claims to be more powerful. Do you know what you are paying more money for with Marantz ? It all comes down to Marantz having better sound quality. This is true for every Marantz model in the line up.

I had a chance to test the SR6007 and AVR-2313CI side by side in a local shop last year. I did blind testing at the store for 2 hours. The sales guy attempted to trick me a few times during the tests as well. A few times he did not switch the receiver at all, and played music with the same receiver twice in a row without telling me. He did this to see if I could tell it was the same receiver. I was able to tell each time what receiver it was. I even said "you didn't change it, that is still the Denon, or you didn't change it, that is still the Marantz". He would just laugh and say, "ya, you're right, I didn't change it". In the end, the SR6007 sounded better for music, and I could identify it 100 percent of the time. Now, when the AVR-3313CI was connected, even though it is claimed to be 125 x 7, and the SR6007 is said to be 110 x 7, these two receivers matched closely in power when testing, but the Marantz was still better for music. I was once again able to tell the difference 100 percent of the time in testing, and identify which receiver was connected. Unfortunately, I did not do any movie sound tests in the store during the session. I have no doubt though it would have been an obvious win for the Marantz if I had.

In conclusion, people who claim Marantz and Denon receivers sound the same are just not correct in saying so. This is simply just not true. Marantz beats Denon, without question. Separation of instruments, soundstage, imaging, ability to pick up additional details in the mix, presentation of vocals, and overall musicality are all better on Marantz. The sound quality just tops what is offered in the Denon models.

Sorry to hijack the thread, and hope everyone is enjoying their receivers. I need to get back to posting here once again. It has been too damn long.

Last edited by DannyW75; 02-14-2016 at 12:49 AM.
post #406 of 411 Old 02-13-2016, 02:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
nice write up re Denon vs Marantz thanks
post #407 of 411 Old 03-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Problem with network audio

I've recently found a strange issue with my reciever. When using Network mode, either streaming files from a server or internet radio, the left speaker plays at a very low volume, with some hissing/static in the background (like having a loose connection or bad FM reception). I tried various listening modes (direct, pure, stereo etc.) and problem persists. This happens only on network - other devices connected via HDMI work OK. I tried disconnection from the mains for a long time, and even a microprocessor reset, but nothing helps.
Any clues? I'm not sure how long this has been happening, but probably not from the beginning. My unit is about 2.5 years old.
post #408 of 411 Old 03-05-2016, 11:53 AM

Hello - I'm trying to hook up my Zone 2, but i'm wondering if it is possible to Bi-amp my front speakers, and run a Zone 2 setup. Doesn't seem like it is is possible according the the manual. I do not run surround speakers, so I have "Surround back" and "Front" going to my front speakers and have the assign mode to Bi-AMP.

When i read to hook up zone 2 it tells me to hook up to Surround back, and change the assign mode to Zone 2

is there a work around for this? if not, i guess i could run my zone 2 speakers to the surround slots. But then i have to listen to the same thing as the main zone.
if i really wanted to get my zone 2 on it's own setup to be able to listen to something different would you suggest changing my front speakers to not be Bi-amped? i can def hear a difference when they are Bi-amp, i just don't know if it's a HUGE difference or not

Thanks for the help guys!
post #409 of 411 Old 06-08-2016, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

Internet radio is not working correctly on my 6007.

When I select Internet Radio from the remote or network menu. I always displays the last played station. After they I can't go back to the normal main menu and select from all my added stations as the menu only contains 2 options.

Recently played and Search by Keyword.

From the network menu. Can also select from Favourites.

Any way to fix this and get the Internet Radio main menu back which should have the following options rather than just 2?

Country Name
Search Stations
Search Podcasts
Recommended Stations
radiomarantz,com
Recently Played
Search by Keyword
post #410 of 411 Old 06-08-2016, 04:10 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by g12345567 View Post
Internet radio is not working correctly on my 6007.

When I select Internet Radio from the remote or network menu. I always displays the last played station. After they I can't go back to the normal main menu and select from all my added stations as the menu only contains 2 options.

Recently played and Search by Keyword.

From the network menu. Can also select from Favourites.

Any way to fix this and get the Internet Radio main menu back which should have the following options rather than just 2?

Country Name
Search Stations
Search Podcasts
Recommended Stations
radiomarantz,com
Recently Played
Search by Keyword
Try powering off and unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes. If still no joy, do a microprocessor reset (p. 162 Owner's manual) although this will erase all settings and restore to factory default.

------------

post #411 of 411 Old 06-08-2016, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Try powering off and unplugging the AVR for 10 minutes.
Thanks. This worked. Completely forgot about doing that reset.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
683 , b&w , Emotiva , Marantz , Marantz Sr6007 Home Theater Av Receiver , xpa5
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page