Marantz SR6007 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 308 Old 08-19-2013, 07:26 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)
Liked: 1301
The X4000 like the 7008 features the much more advanced Audyssey MultEQ XT32 while the 6008 is more in line with the X3000.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Question for anyone that knows. When im playing the marantz at its "loudest" around 85 on the 0-100 scale it sometimes shuts off spontaneously. Is this the amp becoming overloaded? Am I damaging the unit when this occurs? -Thanks

post #183 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
yep, means there is too much clipping (distortion), running too hot, etc and the power supply's protection circuits are shutting it down. You're probably damaging your speakers first, especially the tweeter.

From the manual on page 157.
Quote:
Protection Circuit
This is a function to prevent damage to devices
within the power supply when an abnormality
such as an overload, excess voltage occurs or
temperature for any reason.
In this unit, the STANDBY indicator blinks and the unit
enters standby mode when an abnormality occurs.

Afro GT
post #184 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 06:51 PM

I thought my speakers could handle more power though than the marantz could output? They are definitive technology mythos 4

post #185 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 07:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kweisen View Post

I thought my speakers could handle more power though than the marantz could output? They are definitive technology mythos 4

I had an issue once where a small strand of speaker wire had gotten loose and was spanning the positive and negative speaker terminals - it kept shutting down at about 50percent until I figured it out - did you do any re - wiring lately? maybe make sure that the polarity is all properly set and there's no extra strands of speaker wire mucking about.

post #186 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 07:25 PM

Just went through all of my connections and they are all solid. Possibly a higher gauge wire? Not sure what mine is but am I correct in saying the mythos 4 can handle all the power of the marantz even in a two channel?

post #187 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 77
It has nothing to do with the gauge of the speaker wire. You're speakers are listed as being 8ohm @ 25 - 225 ... so from what I'm seeing they should have no trouble with the Marantz at high volumes, but I'm afraid beyond that I'll have to differ to some of the other members with more technical know how than myself. You checked the polarity right? not just loose strands? Did Audyssey give you any feedback when you did room correction ? I.E. did it give you any " out of phase " reports? ... How well ventilated is your AVR? .. if it's in a cabinet with no air circulation it could be contributing to it over heating. If it's out in the open, I'm stumped.

post #188 of 308 Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Spamilton View Post

It has nothing to do with the gauge of the speaker wire. You're speakers are listed as being 8ohm @ 25 - 225 ... so from what I'm seeing they should have no trouble with the Marantz at high volumes, but I'm afraid beyond that I'll have to differ to some of the other members with more technical know how than myself. You checked the polarity right? not just loose strands? Did Audyssey give you any feedback when you did room correction ? I.E. did it give you any " out of phase " reports? ... How well ventilated is your AVR? .. if it's in a cabinet with no air circulation it could be contributing to it over heating. If it's out in the open, I'm stumped.

Yea im sitting here scratching my head as well. All the numbers are matching up but something here is not right. Polarity is correct (red and black speaker wire so it would be hard to mess up). I guess it could be the ventilation. Its on the bottom cabinet of a mini av rack with 4 other components. It has 3inches of breathing room above it and an open back with 6 inches from the wall. I suppose I could aim a fan at it and see if that helps and if it does install some ventilation... other than that im not sure what could be wrong

post #189 of 308 Old 08-22-2013, 01:32 AM
585-645-1006

Keep in mind that the mfr rating on the AVR is just an average when running 2 speakers at a THD of 0.08%. It is capable of far higher wattage at a higher THD which is why it's recommended you never go above 80/0db on the master volume to avoid the AVR from shutting down in protection mode. Also note the following as an indicator of why the unit may be shutting down ..

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_B10

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
post #190 of 308 Old 08-22-2013, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

Keep in mind that the mfr rating on the AVR is just an average when running 2 speakers at a THD of 0.08%. It is capable of far higher wattage at a higher THD which is why it's recommended you never go above 80/0db on the master volume to avoid the AVR from shutting down in protection mode. Also note the following as an indicator of why the unit may be shutting down ..

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#user_B10

Very helpful link jdsmoothie thank you! I will have to give my unit a look again tonight and see exactly what type of flashing it is. Also in regard to the 80/0db limit this is because of the avr limitations not the speakers correct? So if I went out and bought a used emotiva I could then push it in to the 90 region? -Thanks

post #191 of 308 Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM

Liked: 10
Hi, I have a UK version of the SR6007 and was wondering if anyone knows if they can be voltage converted easily when I move back to the states?
Thanks!
post #192 of 308 Old 09-06-2013, 10:09 AM
585-645-1006

You may want to check with these guys ....

http://www.220-electronics.com/?gclid=COfVlOCgt7kCFWJp7AodAWIAcg

post #193 of 308 Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Thanks, they don't do that... just offer a transformer. Some audio gear is easily convertible with dip switch settings under the hood, some need to have the internal power supply changed. Some mfg don't do it so that you get raped and have to buy new gear every time you move! Just checking if anyone has any experience on the Marantz side. thanks again for the quick response.
post #194 of 308 Old 09-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Just picked one of these up. Can this device Bi-AMP and make use of zone two at the same time?
post #195 of 308 Old 09-07-2013, 06:54 PM
585-645-1006

^^
It's a 7.2 AVR so you have a choice of (5.1 + Zone 2) or (5.1 + bi-amp). To get both you would have to use a 2CH amp connected to the Zone 2 pre-outs.

post #196 of 308 Old 09-07-2013, 07:26 PM

Okay. I was just a little confused because it has two sets of Left and Right Front channel as well as two sets of surrounds for a total of nine speakers.
post #197 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 04:37 AM

Liked: 16
I have a somewhat annoying problem. My SR6007 is connected to both my Panasonic plasma and a Benq w1070 projector. Sometimes, when I turn off the tv and the projector on, it seems the receiver does not detect the projector as being "on" and does not output a hdmi signal to the second hdmi output. Only solution to this seems to be turning off the projector and back on (which is not adviseable). On my previous Marantz, I could manually select which hdmi output was used, but it seems on the SR6007 it only does this automatically and there's no way to force either hdmi1 or hdmi2 (I know I can go into the menu and put it to hdmi2 only, but that's kinda hard to do when the tv is not on. Switching back would require me to keep the projector on, set it to hdmi1, turn it off and then the tv on).

So my question is: is there some way to use the remote to force either hdmi1 or hdmi 2?
post #198 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 04:56 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcabral951 View Post

Okay. I was just a little confused because it has two sets of Left and Right Front channel as well as two sets of surrounds for a total of nine speakers.

Correct. The 6007 features a set of "Front B" speaker posts for convenience for those that prefer to use a second set of FL/FR speakers for music listening only.

post #199 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejn1 View Post

Quote:

Thanks, they don't do that... just offer a transformer. Some audio gear is easily convertible with dip switch settings under the hood, some need to have the internal power supply changed. Some mfg don't do it so that you get raped and have to buy new gear every time you move! Just checking if anyone has any experience on the Marantz side. thanks again for the quick response.

I think that manufacturers use power supplies that only work in certain countries to maintain a pricing structure that is more favorable in the US.

I don't know how things are now, but audio gear is sold in the US on more of a credit card and carry basis, while personal service at the retail sales point was higher in Europe (back in the late 1960s).
post #200 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 06:04 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapino View Post

I have a somewhat annoying problem. My SR6007 is connected to both my Panasonic plasma and a Benq w1070 projector. Sometimes, when I turn off the tv and the projector on, it seems the receiver does not detect the projector as being "on" and does not output a hdmi signal to the second hdmi output. Only solution to this seems to be turning off the projector and back on (which is not adviseable). On my previous Marantz, I could manually select which hdmi output was used, but it seems on the SR6007 it only does this automatically and there's no way to force either hdmi1 or hdmi2 (I know I can go into the menu and put it to hdmi2 only, but that's kinda hard to do when the tv is not on. Switching back would require me to keep the projector on, set it to hdmi1, turn it off and then the tv on).

So my question is: is there some way to use the remote to force either hdmi1 or hdmi 2?

Nothing on the stock remote, although if you have a Harmony remote you could try copying the code from your previous remote into the Harmony. Otherwise, to mitigate any HDMI handshake issue, always start with all devices powered off and then power on the PJ, then AVR, then source device, and if you have a Harmony, the above sequence could be stored to a single button operation.

post #201 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 02:35 PM

I have been having difficulty tuning in a particular station with the internet radio . I am trying to listen to the Chicago Bears football game. It is broadcast on WBBM chicago. This station is listed in the station search/menu. The problem is when I select WBBM it doesn't tune to that station. It tunes to the station listed just below WBBM. (same content played for WBBM and station just below) It is obviously not tuning in to the selected station even though it is a listed station. I can get the station on my compute (same network as AVR) at the station's web site.

Any ideas what is the problem ? Solutions ? I have been looking online but can't seem to find anything. Can't find anything in the manual either. Thanks. This appears to be a random issue as I can repeat similar repeat content for different stations. This does not occur with most listed stations.
post #202 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma Rantz View Post

I have been having difficulty tuning in a particular station with the internet radio . I am trying to listen to the Chicago Bears football game. It is broadcast on WBBM chicago.

I don't have an answer for you, but i can tell ya 2 things. One, i'm able to tune into the channel here in Buffalo. And two, i've had a similar problem with the local Bills station (not that that's relevant, just pointing out the irony) but it happens randomly and not all that often. The few times i've noticed it happening have both occurred at times when i'd already had the channel tuned in for a few hours - it would just "go out". Interestingly enough, i checked the streaming to my computer a couple times when it happened - one time it streamed to the computer just fine, but the other time it didn't.

So i'd be interested if anyone had an answer also.
post #203 of 308 Old 09-08-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickabod665 View Post

I don't have an answer for you, but i can tell ya 2 things. One, i'm able to tune into the channel here in Buffalo. And two, i've had a similar problem with the local Bills station (not that that's relevant, just pointing out the irony) but it happens randomly and not all that often. The few times i've noticed it happening have both occurred at times when i'd already had the channel tuned in for a few hours - it would just "go out". Interestingly enough, i checked the streaming to my computer a couple times when it happened - one time it streamed to the computer just fine, but the other time it didn't.

So i'd be interested if anyone had an answer also.

Thanks for the information. This is like the old "bait 'n' switch". Advertise WBBM Cicago but receive another channel despite selecting WBBM. It's a mirror of the next listed channel in the selection menu of station names/freq. It's not like I'm in the Chicago land area and there was a blackout of the game or anything like that. Just receiving double channels at that particular area/station number.

I've had lots of internet stations just drop out and vanish after listening to them for a while. Sometimes after just minutes. Other times after several hours of having the receiver on to a particular station. Kind of annoying to say the least. It appears to be more of a station/site issue or internet service issue and nothing to do with the receiver. Not a big fan of the lag time between remote and change in function / channel with the internet radio.

Still can't get WBBM out of Chicago on the receiver but not a problem online through the computer. Running both through same modem & router.
post #204 of 308 Old 09-10-2013, 01:18 PM

Did you try setting it up as one of you "radiomarantz" favorites and trying to access it that way?
post #205 of 308 Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickabod665 View Post

Did you try setting it up as one of you "radiomarantz" favorites and trying to access it that way?

Yes. Accessed the particular station in question (WBBM-chicago) every possible way I could think of including manually searching for it . Thanks.
post #206 of 308 Old 09-17-2013, 04:55 PM

Newish SR6007 owner here. I just updated the Marantz app for my phone and now updating firmware from today for the receiver itself. Hopefully this means the app doesn't lose connection to the receiver every 3/4 times I use it.

I find it odd and disappointing that you can't adjust speaker levels from the remote and instead have to go into the menus and run test tones every time.
post #207 of 308 Old 09-17-2013, 05:32 PM
585-645-1006

^^
Sadly this is a feature on the older models which for some reason the D&M folks decided to remove. frown.gif

post #208 of 308 Old 09-17-2013, 05:58 PM

Does anyone know what's included in today's firmware update?

I updated, but nothing is standing out.
post #209 of 308 Old 09-21-2013, 01:59 PM - Thread Starter

Also got the recent update for my Australian SR6007. No idea what has been fixed or updated. Its a shame this info is not readily available.
post #210 of 308 Old 09-29-2013, 11:12 AM

I have a Zone 2 set up with one MartinLogan Helos 22 Stereo speaker in my kitchen. If I am watching sports, and want to get something in/do work in the kitchen, I'd like to be able to hear the game. However, when I switch Zone 2 over to my cable input, all I hear are the right and left channels, so the center channel voice doesn't come through. Is there a way to fix this?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Marantz Sr6007 Home Theater Av Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page