AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3624 Post(s)
[quote]Here's the latest about Dirac....KeithB - I always enjoy your positive outlook about all related to the XMC.
This is the latest information as of Friday - anything you may hear from Big Dan in Atlanta supersedes it
The XMC-1 will come with a version of Dirac Live that will do its thing just like the full version,
BUT WILL BE LIMITED TO ONE PRESET ROOM TARGET CURVE AND ONE RESULT CURVE.
* This version comes with the XMC-1 - at no additional cost.
* You will only be able to use this version with the XMC-1 - not with other devices or as standalone software.
* It comes with a single preset target curve - you can't change the target curve and you can't add or create other target curves.
* It uses a single room result curve - you get one "result" when you run it, which you can use or not.
(If you run it again, the new results will replace the original results, which will be discarded; you can't save multiple result curves and pick between them.)
There will be an "upgrade version" available - for $99 (latest info there - as of yesterday)
* You will still only be able to use it with the XMC-1 - and not with other devices or as standalone software.
(It is pretty much the full version - only "locked" to only work with the XMC-1.)
* This version WILL allow you to edit or create multiple target curves.
* This version WILL allow you to save multiple result curves and choose between them.
(You can run multiple times with the same target curve, but with different equipment or microphone placements; and/or you can create and run with different target curves.)
You will be able to run the XMC-1 with the "full, commercial" version of Dirac Live (which will list it as a "supported device".)
* The full commercial version WILL run as standalone computer software.
* The XMC-1 will be listed as a "supported device".[quote]