Emotiva XMC-1 coming soon (please limit posts to technical issues) - Page 29 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 523Likes

post #841 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcapri79 View Post
Now don't get upset. Sounds like you are not high enough on the fanboy list to have received one of the XMC-1's volume shipped in June.

Was the XMC-1 "beyond expectations"?

By the way, when is the XMC-1 going to get Atmos and Hdmi 2.0?

Ok, let's make this easier. When is it going to have a manual?
Nothing in the audio world has exceeded my expectations in years.
Not concerned about Atmos. Are you a already fanboy of something that you have no vaid details about.
When is Atmos going to give detailed info so that the early adapters can make plans for a major overhaul of their rooms?

I have no interest in the XMC-1. Neither do most of the others who make asses of themselves repeating the same thing over and over. If I did I would attempt to post news and not act like a clown by repeating the same show daily.
Perhaps you enjoy flapping your lips about things that have been uselessly repeated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 02:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 605
Quote:
When is it going to have a manual?
Unfortunately that's the part that is beyond expectation.

Joking aside, the roadshow event in Atlanta seemed to indicate that the XMC-1 was likely months away rather than weeks.

Sanjay
post #843 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post

Joking aside, the roadshow event in Atlanta seemed to indicate that the XMC-1 was likely months away rather than weeks.
I remember it being only a few months away after the 2012 Audioholics Get Together too.

Last edited by xcapri79; 07-06-2014 at 03:00 PM.
post #844 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
Nothing in the audio world has exceeded my expectations in years.
Not concerned about Atmos. Are you a already fanboy of something that you have no vaid details about.
When is Atmos going to give detailed info so that the early adapters can make plans for a major overhaul of their rooms?

I have no interest in the XMC-1. Neither do most of the others who make asses of themselves repeating the same thing over and over. If I did I would attempt to post news and not act like a clown by repeating the same show daily.
Perhaps you enjoy flapping your lips about things that have been uselessly repeated.
And judging by the angst directed at those critical of Emotiva's failures, I give you Fanboy #1 . Way to go, Mudcat, keep up the good work!
xcapri79 likes this.
post #845 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio4life View Post
And judging by the angst directed at those critical of Emotiva's failures, I give you Fanboy #1 . Way to go, Mudcat, keep up the good work!
I see you are also an adolescent minded one. Criticism is due in a constructive manner. Most have failed at this. Do you actually think you are a hero to repeat the SOS daily?

I prefer being called a fanboy to a clown. Of course I have no interest in the XMC except to see a company succeed as opposed to failing. Fortunately the few hecklers on this thread will not contribute to the success or failure of Emotiva.
post #846 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 1225
Quote:

What’s the betting that it doesn't surface this year?
xcapri79 likes this.
post #847 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

But it's always been coming soon... For many years!
xcapri79 likes this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #848 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I see you are also an adolescent minded one. Criticism is due in a constructive manner. Most have failed at this. Do you actually think you are a hero to repeat the SOS daily?
Got any updates on Onkyo for us?
post #849 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

post #850 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Got any updates on Onkyo for us?
Not really an update. Only that they are losing a fanboy who is now a fanboy of Atmos.
post #851 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Not really an update. Only that they are losing a fanboy who is now a fanboy of Atmos.
You sticking with the old 5.1 then? Did you stick with Prologic for years too, once 5.1 had been introduced? I guess late adopters have their place in the AV world....
xcapri79 likes this.
post #852 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Talking

Quote:
Their website says volume shipping will be in June. That's only 11 months away now...
Bwahahaha! Only IF you're lucky!

Emotiva should just stick to power amps. First their slot loading CD player scratches virtually all the CDs I put in, then their $499 pre-pro don't perform anywhere near the "better than $4,500 pre-pro" claim (maybe they meant "better priced than $4,500 pre-pro"), and now the infinite delay of the XMC-1.
xcapri79 and kbarnes701 like this.

follow my A/V tweets @davidsusilo

ISF, THX, CEDIA, Control4 & HAA certified
Reviewer for TED, QAV, AUVI & DownUnder Audio Magazine

my (yet to be completed) BD list
my home theatre

post #853 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Fortunately the few hecklers on this thread will not contribute to the success or failure of Emotiva.
Then why get so worked up in this thread and resort to revenge posts in Onkyo threads? It's not like a few humorous comments here are going to affect Emotiva either way.

Sanjay
post #854 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 06:36 PM
RUR
Innocent Bystander

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
After the breakup with Emotiva and TacT, does anyone know what happened to Dr. Boz?
I've read that he founded PTLX Global lighting. Certainly, the name's right and there can't be too many Dr. Radomir Bozovic's, can there?
post #855 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Then why get so worked up in this thread and resort to revenge posts in Onkyo threads? It's not like a few humorous comments here are going to affect Emotiva either way.
Sanjay, your posts are informative. I can't recall you acting immature like some of the others.
I haven't posted revenge in the Onkyo threads. I only asked one question of another who seems to have a double standard for fanboys.
I am not concerned about the comments affecting Emo either way. Anyone mature person who reads them can quickly determine that they seem to be on the pre school level. Some of the hecklers preach this as a science forum yet they talk like children.
BTW, it seems that the hecklers instant message others to bring them here as soon as they are challenged. Guess bullies here are like kids who only feel secure in a gang.

BTW, seems that the others are the ones showing revenge against Emo.

Some act like they are in potty training and need to show every turd they produce over and over and over.
thrillcat likes this.
post #856 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You sticking with the old 5.1 then? Did you stick with Prologic for years too, once 5.1 had been introduced? I guess late adopters have their place in the AV world....
DD and DTS did not require a make over of the room. How is your Beta Max performing Mr. early adapter?

Have you decided to go with Atmos after all. As I recall you stated you would wait until it was not just a dumbed down version.
post #857 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 07:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
I think some Atmos discussion is pertinent to this thread because as in all threads, a look and comparison to what the competitors are doing helps one make a more informed decision. Atmos vs Dirac, and when each might be available to the customer. It actually looks like Atmos may beat the Dirac featured XMC to market, for those concerned with timing. And as the video above shows, Emotiva has had great difficulty in bringing its processor to market at all. TacT was the room correction system involved back in the first half of 2013, and it was a big flop.
Why Atmos vs Dirac?
They are two completely different and non competing products,
Am I missing something?
RogerSch likes this.
post #858 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Sanjay, your posts are informative. I can't recall you acting immature like some of the others.
I haven't posted revenge in the Onkyo threads. I only asked one question of another who seems to have a double standard for fanboys.
I am not concerned about the comments affecting Emo either way. Anyone mature person who reads them can quickly determine that they seem to be on the pre school level. Some of the hecklers preach this as a science forum yet they talk like children.
BTW, it seems that the hecklers instant message others to bring them here as soon as they are challenged. Guess bullies here are like kids who only feel secure in a gang.

BTW, seems that the others are the ones showing revenge against Emo.

Some act like they are in potty training and need to show every turd they produce over and over and over.
Apologies to all, but I just had to quote this as it's priceless!

Here we have a poster calling other posters' responses at a pre school level, and then he goes and calls them names(as a pre-schooler would). Glad to hear you're not affected either way, Mud, I'd hate to see you post when you were affected, LOL!

But truly, Emotiva is in tough against Atmos, as most of the major players have made announcements regarding it being included in their new models. It's a lot of competition that comes in under the $2000 price tag that will be the XMC-1's. I noted earlier that Emotiva has introduced their membership club offering discounts which seems to be a strategy to bring down the XMC price in light of these developments. If one could get the XMC for 20% off, that would be 1600, and more would be willing to go that route.
Johnla, xcapri79 and kbarnes701 like this.
post #859 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 98
The $1999 pricing for the XMC-1 is for one thing only - it creates an MSRP price for the 40% card owners. Like their other products such as the UMC-200 the MSRP price is $699. I doubt they've sold many at that price and may not have sold even one at that price - don't know that for sure. Look for the XMC-1 to bottom out somewhere around $1499 give or take. Maybe lower - who knows? But that baseline price will not move.
Bluescale likes this.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #860 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwt View Post
Nice idea ; or maybe an opportunity for oppo to build in an atmos decoder with proper xyz rendering that is lacking atm due to dsp horsepower currently ; either would do to feed a xmc1 Oh and hdcp2.2 as well ..

What would simplify things [can dream ] is that one codec [atmos ] supplants dts-uhd/mda completely but that may be wishful thinking after reading what Filmmixer said I would also like many more 7.1 remixes than exist now thanks to atmos ; a lot of bd's get downmixed to 5.1 in Aus from 7.1 for the US release .. Cedia should enlighten .
Oppo is another possible candidate of an Atmos decoder box. Actually they would be the ideal manufacturer since Oppo already makes the gold standard in universal blu-ray players in the BDP series.

The current BDP-10X series has multiple HDMI and digital inputs. The players can already decode DTSMA / TrueHD and output via PCM to the legacy pre/pro such as the XMC-1. Wondering how hard it would be to decode Atmos and output the top speakers as analogue signals? Current thinking is put enough DSP muscle behind it to make it work.

The only issue I can see is room equalization built into the existing legacy AVR and implementation with Atmos. How would it be done for the separate analogue top speakers? Think the only way is to include manual measurement and settings. Atmos might sound a bit off if the settings are not right.

A thought none the less that allows legacy gear such as the XMC-1 to work with Atmos.

Maranatz NR1504, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, LG LW6500, aTV, WDTV Live, Harmony 650 remote, KEF E301, MiniDSP(2x4), Rythmik F12G
post #861 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I am not concerned about the comments affecting Emo either way.
Me neither, hence my earlier comment agreeing with that sentiment. So why the ad hominem laced posts? We're commenting on a piece of hardware and you're making personal comments in reply. Getting all worked up isn't going to accomplish anything (won't affect Emo, won't dissuade critics), except maybe give you high blood pressure. Doesn't seem worth it, certainly not for a pre-pro.

Sanjay
post #862 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 317
Emotiva XMC-1 coming soon (please limit posts to technical issues)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Oppo is another possible candidate of an Atmos decoder box. Actually they would be the ideal manufacturer since Oppo already makes the gold standard in universal blu-ray players in the BDP series.

The current BDP-10X series has multiple HDMI and digital inputs. The players can already decode DTSMA / TrueHD and output via PCM to the legacy pre/pro such as the XMC-1. Wondering how hard it would be to decode Atmos and output the top speakers as analogue signals? Current thinking is put enough DSP muscle behind it to make it work.

The only issue I can see is room equalization built into the existing legacy AVR and implementation with Atmos. How would it be done for the separate analogue top speakers? Think the only way is to include manual measurement and settings. Atmos might sound a bit off if the settings are not right.

A thought none the less that allows legacy gear such as the XMC-1 to work with Atmos.

It's hilarious to me that the xmc-1 hasn't come out yet but is already (appropriately) considered "legacy gear"

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎

Last edited by ambesolman; 07-06-2014 at 09:45 PM. Reason: c
post #863 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
The players can already decode DTSMA / TrueHD and output via PCM to the legacy pre/pro such as the XMC-1. Wondering how hard it would be to decode Atmos and output the top speakers as analogue signals?
Replace the decoder in the player with the one that is in upcoming Atmos 7.1 receivers. Send the decoded 8-channel PCM signal to the XMC-1 (not a problem for its HDMI 1.4 inputs). Place the surround-back speakers above the listening position for a 5.1.2 configuration.

The player does the decoding. The XMC-1 then does bass management and Dirac room correction, followed by the usual delay and level calibration.

Sanjay
post #864 of 1196 Old 07-06-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
The player does the decoding.
Forgot to mention:

Like other BD player manufacturers, Oppo includes media streaming in its disc players. Since Dolby has already mentioned that Atmos soundtracks will be available via streaming, the Atmos decoder in the player can be used for lossless soundtracks on Blu-ray and lossy soundtracks via streaming.

Once converted to PCM and transmitted, the XMC-1 will have no clue of the soundtrack's object-based origins. It will see it as JADS (just another digital source).

Sanjay
post #865 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 03:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
DD and DTS did not require a make over of the room. How is your Beta Max performing Mr. early adapter?
Hehe. I did have Betamax in fact. Great shame that the hugely inferior VHS beat it. But that's (tech) life I guess. I still have HD-DVD and about 75 movies on the medium too as it happens.

Quote:
Have you decided to go with Atmos after all. As I recall you stated you would wait until it was not just a dumbed down version.
Sure. I never said I would hold off. If I gave that impression it was incorrect. It isn't in the least 'dumbed down' for me because I will be placing my speakers in the Atmos recommended locations. The only issue I had with it is that they should have included measuring of azimuth and elevation angles so that people whose speakers were NOT in the right positions could benefit from Atmos's ability to 'know' where they are and compensate. It is a shame they left that out IMO. But as I can position my speakers well, it doesn't have any adverse effect for me.
post #866 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 03:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
LOL. One question, asked about 300 times And for the record, I have repeatedly told you I am not an Onkyo fanboy, or indeed of any other make. I have also repeatedly told you, when you make these childish attacks, that all three of my Onkyo units have performed flawlessly. But no matter, I will still drop them at the first hint that they don't do what I require of them, as is manifestly evidenced by the fact that my next unit will be a Denon.

Quote:
BTW, it seems that the hecklers instant message others to bring them here as soon as they are challenged.
Wow! A conspiracy theorist as well!! Did you know that we never really had a man walk on the moon, BTW?
post #867 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
If one could get the XMC for 20% off, that would be 1600, and more would be willing to go that route.
My guess is that, if the thing ever does see the light of day, it will be on sale for $1,500 (or less) next summer, just to clear some space in their warehouse.
xcapri79 likes this.
post #868 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Replace the decoder in the player with the one that is in upcoming Atmos 7.1 receivers. Send the decoded 8-channel PCM signal to the XMC-1 (not a problem for its HDMI 1.4 inputs). Place the surround-back speakers above the listening position for a 5.1.2 configuration.

The player does the decoding. The XMC-1 then does bass management and Dirac room correction, followed by the usual delay and level calibration.
This would be a brilliant way to bring Atmos to the masses.
Plenty of folks with excellent gear would greatly benefit by using their legacy gear and the initial lowered cost of trying out the new format.
post #869 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 04:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman_head_fi View Post
This would be a brilliant way to bring Atmos to the masses.
Plenty of folks with excellent gear would greatly benefit by using their legacy gear and the initial lowered cost of trying out the new format.
Agreed. It would be analogous to the way some people used the decoder in their players to get the lossless codecs even though their AVRs didn't cater for them, back in the day, when TrueHD and DTS-HD MA had just been introduced. Over to Oppo....

If Oppo, or anyone, is going to do this, I hope they do it before I replace my processor with an Atmos-enabled unit.
post #870 of 1196 Old 07-07-2014, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hehe. I did have Betamax in fact. Great shame that the hugely inferior VHS beat it. But that's (tech) life I guess. I still have HD-DVD and about 75 movies on the medium too as it happens.
I was once a junkie also. I bought the DIVX at Circuit City. I hated to see DIVX fail.
Bought the first THX receiver which was a Technics.
Had all possible HD video equipment before there was much HD media.
I still have a HD-DVD player also.

I will likely have Atmos when it becomes available in the XMC.

I lived a happy life just watching and listening to my AV stuff. Then I found this site.
thrillcat likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page