Odd question, AVR receivers with visually obvious source speaker configuration and output speaker configuration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 07:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I know this sounds like an odd request, but I'm curious what receivers (probably by brand) that have displays that make it visually obvious what the source speaker configuration is, and the output speaker configuration is. For example, my Denon AVR-3311CI makes this very obvious from 13ft away. My other cheaper Yamaha receiver doesn't give any useful indication at all even if I'm staring right at it trying to make sense of the highly condensed and cryptic information.

The reason why I care about this is that I have a couple of HTPCs and I have been burned more than once by an automatic software update that whacks my drivers and something in the process changes it to 2 channel somewhere in the mix. Having that nice visual REALLY helps quickly identify problems like this, and debug it as well so it's obvious if it's the receiver configuration causing it or the source causing it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
I think Denon is the only manufacturer that has input channel indicators on their receivers, and of this years models, only the AVR-3313CI has it, and even then it only has one set of shared channel indicators. You have to choose whether it displays the input or output channels. If it's just for debugging purposes, most AV receivers should have some way of displaying this information using their onscreen menus..
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page