Offical Pioneer VSX-822k owners thread - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 67 Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

i cannot update firmware. i followed the instructions, but when i turn my receiver to NETRADIO, i simply get a blank screen. no menu, no options, not even a signal. i even tried using "mnonitor out" on the AVR to my TV instead of HDMI, but i get nothing.

i've NEVER been able to see any menus or anything on that screen.  my tv---60" VIZIO LED smart TV---and the 3 other tvs i've tried on the receiver--- simply say "no signal" when i switch the receiver to NETRADIO.  

if i hit the HOME MENU button while on NETRADIO, it says CANT SELECT on the LCD of the AVR.  nothing shows up on my TV. 

i've spent HOURS scouring the internet for a solution... i've come up empty. i has sads.

i can see the AVR on the network, no problem. i can even log into the web control panel...there's virtually NOTHING i can do on there tho except rename my VSX-822K to a more user friendly name. if i try to put in my pandora user/pass, it just says "could not apply new settings".

i couldn't possibly be that retarded that i'm missing something simple...  help. please. //cries.

thanks guys.   i also posted this on the vsx-1022 thread, since they're pretty much the same thing.  i'm so frustrated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by com3 View Post

i cannot update firmware. i followed the instructions, but when i turn my receiver to NETRADIO, i simply get a blank screen. no menu, no options, not even a signal. i even tried using "mnonitor out" on the AVR to my TV instead of HDMI, but i get nothing.

i've NEVER been able to see any menus or anything on that screen.  my tv---60" VIZIO LED smart TV---and the 3 other tvs i've tried on the receiver--- simply say "no signal" when i switch the receiver to NETRADIO.  

if i hit the HOME MENU button while on NETRADIO, it says CANT SELECT on the LCD of the AVR.  nothing shows up on my TV. 
i've spent HOURS scouring the internet for a solution... i've come up empty. i has sads.

i can see the AVR on the network, no problem. i can even log into the web control panel...there's virtually NOTHING i can do on there tho except rename my VSX-822K to a more user friendly name. if i try to put in my pandora user/pass, it just says "could not apply new settings".

i couldn't possibly be that retarded that i'm missing something simple...  help. please. //cries.

thanks guys.   i also posted this on the vsx-1022 thread, since they're pretty much the same thing.  i'm so frustrated.

Try a hard reset? It's a combination of button on the front panel.
post #63 of 67 Old 03-14-2014, 08:08 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by heresnowhy View Post

Try a hard reset? It's a combination of button on the front panel.

Here's the procedure:

1 Switch the receiver into standby. 2 While holding down BAND, press and hold
STANDBY/ON for about two seconds.
3 When you see RESET? appear in the display, press AUTO SURROUND/STREAM DIRECT. OK? shows in the display.
4 Press ALC/STANDARD SURR to confirm. OK appears in the display to indicate that the receiver has been reset to the factory default settings.

This may not be related to your problem, but if I use the input knob on the VSX822k to select either the USB input or Netradio/Pandora inputs, I can't use the remote to scroll or select files/stations. It only works if I select the input using the remote, only then can I scroll/select items. Try selecting with the remote and see if there is any change.
post #64 of 67 Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 PM

neither option worked. :( 

post #65 of 67 Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM

Hi,

I'm a new owner of VSX-822k. I purchased the receiver to connect my vizio E-701i and the ceiling speaker system. After the installation I ran the auto speaker setup and it seems fine with my 4 ceiling speakers and the subwoofer. The TV is connected with the receiver through 1 hdmi cable with ARC. When I turned on my TV I can see that my receiver detected the Dolby Digital Plus encoded audio signal from TV and all speakers work as intended. But when I use the Youtube app that comes with the TV (vizio's VIA app), there's no sign of any DTS encoded audio signal coming out. As a results, only the front two speakers are producing the sound. I suppose that means only the stereo audio signal coming out of the same HDMI cable when I play any video/audio through the youtube app. I did try some 5.1 surrounding sound video on youtube and still only the front speakers are producing the sound. It seems to me that the VIA app is not capable of delivering the 5.1 channel audio signal to the receiver. Does anyone has the same issue here? I'd really like to put all my speakers in use when I watch online contents through VIA apps. Thanks a lot.

post #66 of 67 Old 03-19-2014, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatzh View Post

Hi,
I'm a new owner of VSX-822k. I purchased the receiver to connect my vizio E-701i and the ceiling speaker system. After the installation I ran the auto speaker setup and it seems fine with my 4 ceiling speakers and the subwoofer. The TV is connected with the receiver through 1 hdmi cable with ARC. When I turned on my TV I can see that my receiver detected the Dolby Digital Plus encoded audio signal from TV and all speakers work as intended. But when I use the Youtube app that comes with the TV (vizio's VIA app), there's no sign of any DTS encoded audio signal coming out. As a results, only the front two speakers are producing the sound. I suppose that means only the stereo audio signal coming out of the same HDMI cable when I play any video/audio through the youtube app. I did try some 5.1 surrounding sound video on youtube and still only the front speakers are producing the sound. It seems to me that the VIA app is not capable of delivering the 5.1 channel audio signal to the receiver. Does anyone has the same issue here? I'd really like to put all my speakers in use when I watch online contents through VIA apps. Thanks a lot.

The issue you experience is honestly related specifically to the App itself and the TV model you have. You can always select Pro Logic II or Ext stereo for Apps that only stream in 2 channel.
post #67 of 67 Old 04-08-2014, 03:12 PM

Back to that line-out mod... I ended up selling my 822 and buying a Yamaha that has line out already built in. That was a mistake. It turns out the line out on the Yamaha only works with analog inputs, so the net radio, all of the hdmi, digital coax, etc, won't put out audio though the line out. That was not at all clear when I bought it. Wish I hadn't made the change now. Anyway, I found a cheap solution to the line out issue that will work with any amp, including the 822k. It's one of these:

J-Tech Digital ® Premium Quality Hdmi To Hdmi + Audio (Spdif + RCA Stereo) Audio Extractor Converter (Latest 2014 Year Model)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BIQER0E/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Take the hdmi out from the receiver that goes to the TV, plug it into this box, then run another hdmi from the other side of the box to the TV. It copies the audio from the hdmi and sends it to line out RCA jacks. Now this does only do stereo where the line-out mod does all channels, but in my case, I only need stereo, so this is a good solution. At $40, it only costs a few dollars more than the line-out mod and is easy for anyone to do.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 822 K 400w 5 Channel A V Receiver Network Ready Pandora Ipod Iphone Black , Pioneer Vsx 1122 K , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 523 K , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1023 K , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 823 K , Pioneer Channel Av Receiver Vsx 1123 K , Pioneer Vsx D812k A V Receiver , Pioneer Vsx 517 K Home Theater Receiver Black , Pioneer Vsx D514 K Av Receiver 5 1 Channel Black , Pioneer Vsx 920 K 7 1 Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page