Denon AVS-2112CI vs. Denon AVS-2113CI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker...

I just got off the phone with Electronics Expo. The gentleman I spoke with quoted me 419.88 plus $27 shipping for the 2112 and $480 shipped for the 2113.

From what I've read, the difference between the two is more legacy inputs with the 2112 and 4K support with the 2113.

What do you guys think? Would you go for the 2112 or the 2113.

Are there any other differences I'm missing? Is the sound quality identical?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 03:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked: 959
sound quality should be identical as both use the same MultEQ XT calibration software.

IMHO -- if you are big into network streaming audio, get the newer model. It has an improve smartphone app interface, plus adds Spotify support (while deleting the sort of useless Napster/Rhapsody options) and can stream AirPlay audio to Zone 2 independent of Main Zone (the xx12 models can't do this with AirPlay, it hijacks the whole receiver). Plus the new "auto standby" feature is quite useful for when you are done streaming.

Here's a comparison....

- Both are very similar overall... they both have MultEQ XT calibration + Dynamic EQ + Dynamic Volume, an on-screen GUI that can overlay graphics on video signals, network support with AirPlay, Pandora, etc. and the ability to control via a smartphone (app) or PC (web browser). They both also have the same 3-year warranty.

- They have essentially the exact same input/output selection, not sure where you got that the 2112 has more legacy inputs. You can go to the Denon website and download the manuals and/or just look at photos of the back panels. The only change in the input/output selection is that (1) the 2113ci model drops the Denon iPod dock support, so it loses the dedicated "Dock" analog audio input + s-video input; and (2) the 2113ci moves one of the 6 HDMI inputs to the front panel (5 rear / 1 front) whereas the 2112ci has all 6 on the back.

- The 2113ci features new aesthetics, plus a redesigned (simpler) remote and GUI interface. IMO all three are an improvement, although that's a minor difference in the grand scheme.

- The 2113ci supports 4k video passthrough and can scale up to 4k

- The 2113ci has a shallower chassis (13" total depth, reduced 2" from the 15" depth of the 2112ci).

- The new xx13 models have an "Auto Standby" feature that will turn the receiver off automatically after a designated amount of time (30 or 60 minutes depending on how you set it) which is useful for when you are streaming audio and then leave the room/house.

The only major "losses" on the 2113ci is that the new, simpler remote has a few less control buttons (requiring you to dive into the GUI for certain settings) and the 2112ci had a special 2ch custom menu for if you wanted to configure different setting for 2ch audio vs. multichannel.

If you head over the xx13 owner's thread, you might want to read through my review (and/or watch the video review) of the 2113ci: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1409431/the-official-denon-avr-xx13-model-owners-thread-faq

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #3 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! I watched your videos reviewing the receiver a few days ago and you're the reason I made the decision to not get the 1912/1913 but instead get the 2112 or 2113. Very good and informative response. I think for the extra 30 or 40 bucks, the 2113 is worth it. From what I've seen, 480 shipped is a good deal.
post #4 of 8 Old 10-16-2012, 10:00 PM

I ordered the 2112 from Electronics Expo through Amazon a few days ago. They sent me this email:

Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, due to an overwhelming response on this item, we will not be carrying the DENAVR2112CI any longer. I would like to apologize for the delay this might have caused. I would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to the new model the DENAVR2113CI. This new model has improved features and performance and actually sells for a higher price. The new model will be brand new and there will be no additional charge. With your approval, I will be able to ship out your product as soon as possible.

Please respond back to this email with confirmation that you would like to accept the complimentary upgrade. If you have any questions regarding this order, or if you would like a full refund, please contact me directly or feel free to call our Customer Support Team at 1.888.707.EXPO (3976)

Thank you for choosing Electronics Expo!

I replied that yes I would take advantage of the free upgrade, being that the price was $399.99 plus they gave me 2 day shipping for free, so all in all I think it's a good deal, I am pleased so far. I am upgrading from an Onkyo TX-SR705, which I had no problems with. I hear the audio quality with the Denon is much better, so we shall see.
post #5 of 8 Old 10-17-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Wow awesome deal! Where did you see the 2112 listed for 399? Not sure if we can post links here but could you link me to that listing?

Good luck with the new purchase!
post #6 of 8 Old 02-13-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker...

I just got off the phone with Electronics Expo. The gentleman I spoke with quoted me 419.88 plus $27 shipping for the 2112 and $480 shipped for the 2113.

Where did you get a price of $480 shipped for the 2113ci?
post #7 of 8 Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM

+1. I'm curious as well. Is it a refurbished model? Those deals seem really good.

I'm still debating between the 2113 or the marantz sr5007 (if i can get a good deal on it).
post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 386 Post(s)
Liked: 1333
If you look in the quoted post ... you'll note it says "Electronics Expo" .

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page