Pioneer SC-1222-K HDMI issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-26-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have gone through 2 SC-1222-K receivers in the past week thinking my first one had a defective HDMI function. The same issue happens:

My PS3 and FiOS STB HDMI signal will NOT automatically pass through to the TV when connected to the SC-1222-K HDMI inputs. I have to FORCE the signal to "initialize" by changing any one of the Video Parameter options on the receiver. If I don't forcefully change a video setting on the receiver, there will only be a blank HDMI picture. Audio from the sources sometimes works and sometimes doesn't at random. The receiver will detect an HDMI signal coming in though, and will send something to my TV, but it's blank. When I change a Video Parameter, say change Video Conversion: OFF, it will detect the signal suddenly. As soon as I turn off the TV or change to another input on the receiver, and then back to the right input, it will lose signal again and I have to "force" it to initialize all over again by changing a video paramater. Doesn't matter what HDMI input I use, same behavior. These two devices work just fine on the HDMI switch in a HK AVR 354 and Denon AVR-2113CI.

On the other hand my XBOX 360 works fine with any HDMI port on the Pioneer! Only device that passes through properly.

Called Pioneer, they said the first unit is defective. Can't be though, because the same issue is happening with 2nd unit. They are clueless and say we have no trend of such behavior. Worthless tech support.

Here are my devices:

older Playstation 3 40GB system (older form factor from 4-5 years ago)
Verizon FiOS STB Motorola QIP-7100-P2
XBOX is a few years old late 2009 revision "red" Resident Evil 5 Elite Edition (one of the first that got released with Jasper chipset)
TV is a few years old 2009 Sharp Aquos LC-40E67UN 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV.

purchased all new HDMI 1.4 "High Speed" certified HDMI cables from Monoprice. No change.

Any ideas what could be happening here and what might be a solution? I am suspecting the responses may suggest a "case-by-case" compatibility issues with the PS3/FiOS box and maybe even the TV.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-10-2013, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
did you ever find a solution for your SC-1222 HDMI issues?

<><

RTR
post #3 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrezaie View Post

I have gone through 2 SC-1222-K receivers in the past week thinking my first one had a defective HDMI function. The same issue happens:

My PS3 and FiOS STB HDMI signal will NOT automatically pass through to the TV when connected to the SC-1222-K HDMI inputs. I have to FORCE the signal to "initialize" by changing any one of the Video Parameter options on the receiver. If I don't forcefully change a video setting on the receiver, there will only be a blank HDMI picture. Audio from the sources sometimes works and sometimes doesn't at random. The receiver will detect an HDMI signal coming in though, and will send something to my TV, but it's blank. When I change a Video Parameter, say change Video Conversion: OFF, it will detect the signal suddenly. As soon as I turn off the TV or change to another input on the receiver, and then back to the right input, it will lose signal again and I have to "force" it to initialize all over again by changing a video paramater. Doesn't matter what HDMI input I use, same behavior. These two devices work just fine on the HDMI switch in a HK AVR 354 and Denon AVR-2113CI.

On the other hand my XBOX 360 works fine with any HDMI port on the Pioneer! Only device that passes through properly.

Called Pioneer, they said the first unit is defective. Can't be though, because the same issue is happening with 2nd unit. They are clueless and say we have no trend of such behavior. Worthless tech support.

Here are my devices:

older Playstation 3 40GB system (older form factor from 4-5 years ago)
Verizon FiOS STB Motorola QIP-7100-P2
XBOX is a few years old late 2009 revision "red" Resident Evil 5 Elite Edition (one of the first that got released with Jasper chipset)
TV is a few years old 2009 Sharp Aquos LC-40E67UN 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV.

purchased all new HDMI 1.4 "High Speed" certified HDMI cables from Monoprice. No change.

Any ideas what could be happening here and what might be a solution? I am suspecting the responses may suggest a "case-by-case" compatibility issues with the PS3/FiOS box and maybe even the TV.....
I am having the exact same issue.i can hear the sound but no picture.then the picture comes on after I wiggle the hdmi cable.then after a couple minutes pic goes out again.also having lip sink issues.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-11-2013, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 35
Oh I am using a PS3.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM

Liked: 10
I am having the same issue, although with different equipment hooked up to the SC-1222-K. The one thing I have in common with your setup is the high-speed Monoprice cables. I am using the RedMere cables (http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1025503&p_id=9430&seq=1&format=2). I will try to run a shorter, non-RedMere, cable and see if that fixes the issue. Try that and post if it fixes your issue.

Update1: I switched out the RedMere cable out for a regular hdmi cable and that seems to have fixed the problem. I have a second RedMere cable I will try and see if that one works or not.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page