Yamaha RX-A2000 can't see music files on my Windows 7 pc - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the 1000 and suffer the same "no content" message. Just after buying the receiver I began ripping my CD's in WMA lossless to my PC. The receiver saw the album folders and played the music perfectly at first. But as the library file total number increased I began getting the "no content" message. I concluded that there is a finite number of files that Yammaha can deal with in this mode. I run Windows 7 64 bit. What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 AM

Liked: 10
Thanks for that option. It's a possibility I'll keep in mind.

Is there a DLNA or other device that will allow me to stream not only Music but my video and pictures from my PC to my RX-A2000?

Is that what the "extenders" are?

In the mean time I think I'll try to hold Yamaha and Microsoft's feet to the fire on fixing this issue. Either one or the other or both dropped the ball on this one for sure.

BTW, it couldn't have been easier with the Vista 32 machine setting up Media Player.for DLNA streaming of my music. Win 7 64 bit - fagetaboudit
post #33 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 10:09 AM

I have the "exact" same number of file on my Vista 32 machine as I do on my win 7 64 machine. The old one still works fine.
post #34 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 AM

Liked: 16
I eventually gave up on using Media Player for Windows 7 64 bit altogether with my RX-A3000. I'm using the Samsung Allshare software that works with my Samsung UN46EH5300 and it works great. With the receiver. With the TV (pictures and video as well as music). And with the three WOW MoxiPlayer 2000's that also would not communicate with Windows Media Player. To me that makes it a Microsoft issue.
post #35 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 12:23 PM

Liked: 11
It was mentioned above, but I didn't see any replies. I got little use out of WMP as a DLNA server, so I started using MediaMonkey. It worked with XP, Vista and Windows 7. It found all drives attached, including a USB hard drive that holds all my music. The RX-A 2000 won't handle video via DLNA, but works great with music.
post #36 of 43 Old 03-30-2013, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingmaniac View Post

I have the "exact" same number of file on my Vista 32 machine as I do on my win 7 64 machine. The old one still works fine.

Probably not actually. Windows 7 comes with a different bunch of sample media files than Windows Vista, and by default these will get indexed and served over the network along with everything else.

I suspect the problem is related to the content being served, if not the total number of media files, then some particular metadata that causes problems. The problem may also be specific to Windows 7, and not Vista.

In any case, the simplest solution may just be to use third party UPnP AV (DLNA) media software like iraweiss and jimfrench recommend.
post #37 of 43 Old 04-01-2013, 04:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have never gotten w7 or 8 media player to host music for Yamaha. I use Logitech Media server (open source dlna - free) and it works most of the time. The problem is that it just goes away from time to time. When it works, it's great. The server software is working fine, my Squeeezebox radio can play from lms and Windows play to works fine when the Yamaha is unable to see the dlna server.
post #38 of 43 Old 05-02-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Ridge View Post

I keep my media in My Documents on the E: drive along with another folder there.

Another thing to try is to browse through the Videos and Pictures on the receiver, while you cant view these kinds of media, you the receiver should still show all the files in these libraries, just greyed out. If selecting these libraries works just like selecting Playlists does then the problem isn't likely to be caused by too many media files.

If you get the same problem with either Videos or Pictures then you might want to try moving a bunch of music files out of your media libraries temporarily. If you've made the entire G: drive part of your music library that'll be much more difficult though.

Hi. I'm having the greyed out problem on all types of media from my windows 7 pc to my rxv. I can see them all - music, videos, images, but they are all greyed out. ALL of them! Do you have any idea why that might be and what I can do about it? Thx!
post #39 of 43 Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
That Ken guy is a douche bag (from personal experience).
post #40 of 43 Old 05-04-2013, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwingding1 View Post

Hi. I'm having the greyed out problem on all types of media from my windows 7 pc to my rxv. I can see them all - music, videos, images, but they are all greyed out. ALL of them! Do you have any idea why that might be and what I can do about it? Thx!

This normally indicates that the media is in format that the receiver doesn't support. Yamaha receivers don't support playing movies or display images, but do support most common audio formats. What format is your audio in?
post #41 of 43 Old 09-21-2013, 03:52 PM

Had same problem with Yamaha Rx-773 receiver. Spend a couple of days trying to make it work. Didn't succeed. I was able to play to receiver, but from the receiver always got no content. Tried all suggested options. Then i downloaded Twonky server trial version to see if it works. Was a breeze just installed and made the folders available. Receiver sees all albums and folders. Will get the full version. Looks like it is a Media player issue. This was from a Windows 8 PC though. I assume would behave same in windows 7,=.
post #42 of 43 Old 09-22-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Even with twonky or some other server (I use logitech), it will disappear from time to time. Other things on the network will see it, but the receiver won't. My 867 got a recent firmware update, but it did not fix the problem. I'm convinced it is on the receiver side. It will just reappear later, currently not there. I'm actually a lot happier plugging a chromecast into the receiver and using instant mixes from the google cloud. It seems absurd that the receiver can't talk to the pc sitting next to it, but almost never has a problem accessing net radio stations.
post #43 of 43 Old 12-31-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

I finally found another app that has the same problem as the Yamaha. Bubble upnp player can't see the server this morning. The server is running on w7 and I can access it via the web or my squeeze box. I had to reboot the pc for the Yamaha to see it again. I guess the problem is not entirely Yamaha's fault. One android device sees it, the other does not, what a strange problem...
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Yamaha Rx A2000 7 1 Channel Audio Video Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page