Denon 2313SI switches to Audio when I chose CBL/SAT - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Audio > Receivers, Amps, and Processors > Denon 2313SI switches to Audio when I chose CBL/SAT

Receivers, Amps, and Processors

martytoo's Avatar martytoo
09:23 AM Liked: 11
post #1 of 5
10-31-2012 | Posts: 33
I have my TW Scientific Atlanta cable box hooked into my 2313 with an HDMI cable. I also have HDMI cable leading from the Denon receiver to my Samsung 40 inch LCD TV on monitor1 position. There is no other connection to the TV. ( No TV Audio).

Other connections to the 2313 are HDMI for my Samsung blue ray player and analog connections (red, white, yellow) from a Pioneer DVD recorder.

I have two problems.

One. When the cable box is on and the TV and Denon are off, the Denon will sometimes begin with the CBL/SAT as the input visible on the TV, but it will revert to TV Audio. This is true whether I turn the Denon on with the red power button on the 2313 Remote or by simply pushing the CBL/SAT button to turn the Denon on. Sometimes I have to hit the CBL/SAT button several times before this automatic selection of TV Audio finally stops. Until then there is no video from the box on the TV.

Sometimes HDMI passthrough works when the Denon is off and sometimes not.

I tried to search this forum for the answers to these problems to no avail.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
09:35 AM Liked: 1686
post #2 of 5
10-31-2012 | Posts: 45,992
Suggest you read the Denon guide linked in my sig (post #3 of the Denon AVR-XX12 owner's thread) which includes a troubleshooting section and the tip below ...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_L5

Also note there is a dedicated thread for Denon AVR-XX13 Owners linked in my sig as well. Review posts #3-6 for additional helpful information.
10:29 PM Liked: 11
post #3 of 5
10-31-2012 | Posts: 33
Thank you. The reversion to TV Audio is no longer a problem. Hopefully I will be able to sort out the lack of consistent pass through if I read all that you have written.I apologize again that my use of the search function on this forum didn't produce the answer for me.
jdsmoothie's Avatar jdsmoothie
03:03 AM Liked: 1686
post #4 of 5
11-01-2012 | Posts: 45,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by martytoo View Post

Thank you. The reversion to TV Audio is no longer a problem. Hopefully I will be able to sort out the lack of consistent pass through if I read all that you have written.I apologize again that my use of the search function on this forum didn't produce the answer for me.

No worries. Lots of help here when needed. smile.gif
06:00 AM Liked: 11
post #5 of 5
11-18-2012 | Posts: 33
OK, help again.

I think I set HDMI passthrough on. It sometimes works.

If I turn the receiver and Samsung TV off and the turn the TV on, what I see is similar to what was happening with my original post concerning TV audio.

When the TV turns on I can see the HDMI signal from my cable box for a second and then nine times out of ten ( or more) the screen goes black. Is this due to a setting or is my gear incompatible with passthrough?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Subscribe to this Thread