Turn off PCM on Denon AVR-790 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-01-2012, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've had this unit for a few years now and everything's been great. Tonight my one year old walked over and hit something (maybe a few things) on the face of the unit and now I have no sound. Video is fine, but no sound.

My other inputs for my 360, PS3, and cable box still work fine, but the WD Media box which was selected at the time he hit the buttons won't play sound. The only noticeable difference I can see in the display is that PCM is lit up but I cannot for the life of me get it to turn off and I feel like I've tried everything. Looked through the manual, searched Google, searched here, etc... but can't figure out how to turn it off.

Any suggestions? I'm in the process of a meltdown here...thanks! ;-)

oh, my basic setup is that I run everything into the receiver using HDMI's and then run a single HDMI to my TV. Like I said, video is fine and video and audio works for all other inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 325
The PCM light indicates what type of signal is coming from the selected input device, in this case, presumably from the Media box. The signal being PCM is controlled by the input device, not by the receiver. (See item #2 on page 5 of the receiver's manual.) In other words, check to make sure the Media box's settings didn't get changed.

You also should go through the receiver's "Input Setup" configuration to make sure the appropriate audio connection is enabled for the Media box. e.g. it might have been switched to the analog inputs which you don't have connected. See page 32 and later in the receiver's manual..

Selden
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page