Harman Kardon BDS270 ARC not working in combination with TV LG 55LM640S - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-04-2012, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

Here's my desperate shout out for help from the Netherlands, so hopefully somebody can help me with the correct setup in order to get everything working.

Recently (2 weeks ago) , I purchased a new TV and home-cinema (the LG 55LM640S and the Harman Kardon 2.1 BDS 270.

Problem 1
All in all we're pretty satisfied with the picture and sound, when played separately, but if I want to hear sound of my TV though the home-cinema set it won't work through just the HDMI-ARC. The HDMI cable is connected on both ends in the right HDMI in ports of the TV and BDS270 which both have one port specially for the HDMI-ARC in cable.

Both products (supposedly) support the ARC (Audio Return Channel) through HDMI. I am using the 1.4 HDMI cables which support ARC.
Now I have tried everything in the settings and menus, but I can't get it to work.

The HK BDS 270 shows 'CONNECTED TO TV' but there is no sound. I have switched the ARC feature on in the menu on the TV.

Problem 2
Furthermore, having tried everything and didn't getting it to work, I decided to use an optical Toslink cable from my TV to the BDS 270.
It does work, but also with some problems.

When I pause a youtube video during playback and pause, or just pause my TV and continue after 10/20 seconds,, the BDS270 isn't switched off, but just doesnt receive any sound from the TV. I do hear a strange low-base sound coming out of the woofer every 5 seconds..So i have to turn the BDS270 off and back on, in order to get my sound back again.

This is very strange, beacause this doesn't happen through the COAXIAL Optical IN, only through the Optical IN.

I just want to be able to listen the sounds of my TV through the home-cinema, rather with the ARC function and if that's not possible, the Optical IN option.

So can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings from Amsterdam!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-27-2013, 02:34 PM

Hi there =) Hope you have solved it =)

Well to make it work through the HDMI (ARC) you have to press the "AUX" button, til you see on the display showing "ARC HDMI CONNECTION " or something =)

smile.gif

We have another problem =) We wanna make it work with our Samsung tv, I mean to control the Harman audio using Samsung remote as it usually works with other receivers =(

Take care =) Greetings From Sweden =)
post #3 of 4 Old 07-27-2013, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Good luck...
Samsung & LG displays are not HDMI certified and many of the latest HDMI 1.4 features such as ARC and CEC frequently do not work properly....
Do not blame the AVR...

Just my $0.02... wink.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 07-27-2013, 11:49 PM

¨Hi there =)

hehe thanks for the reply =)

Well but my samsung and my Sony receiver do working together as they should =) But Harman doesn't =)

Take care =)
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page