AVR Upgraditis - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
So I've spent the last year upgrading audio in my HT. I luckily got in at Vanns before they went out of business and purchased Energy RC70s as my FR/FL, an RC-LCR for center, and some VS Surrounds. Rounding out the low end I have two Outlaws, an EX and a Plus. All of this is being ran from a Yamaha RXV671 AVR.

I do about 35% Music, 35% Movies, and 30% gaming. My room is about 4500 cubic feet in an open floor plan with my living room opening to my kitchen. I am now looking to upgrade my AVR. I purchased the Yammy to run my old Polk Monitors and wound up growing out of those speakers and upgrading to the Energy RCs when I caught a hella deal on Vanns.

Anyway, question being I am now in the market for an AVR. I am very interested in hearing input on receivers in the $500-$1000 price range. I am looking for Audessey equipped AVRs, preferably with Multi EQ XT32, with Sub EQ (if that will make a difference). I have not been completely satisfied with YPAO. Sound quality and wattage per channel is something I do not know a lot about, so any input would be appreciated. I am also interested in good video output with my Sony XBR4.

Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-06-2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well..

Those speakers are very efficient. Nearly any receiver will be able to drive them to very very loud levels.

What don't you like about YPAO?
post #3 of 3 Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalJason View Post

Well..
Those speakers are very efficient. Nearly any receiver will be able to drive them to very very loud levels.
What don't you like about YPAO?

I for whatever reason just feel like I could have a little more. My room is very large, and I'm just not quite sure I'm getting everything out of my speakers. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I have just gotten in to the mentality of "what if I had a better AVR?" I do listen at very loud volumes usually, almost reference level (between -5.0 and -2.5), and was more or less just interested in people's opinions of what a better AVR might give me.

I'm more or less in my second upgrade as far as speakers are concerned, but still with no upgrade to my AVR or TV. To say that I'm satisfied with my setup is an understatement, but am just feeling out there for how much of a difference an AVR could make in addition.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page