post #1 of 4 Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My current system includes :

Pioneer Elite Pro610HD TV
Denon 3802 receiver,
Yamaha Musiccast music server (mcx-2000)
Mitsubishi SVHS VCR
Panasonic RP91 DVD player
Tivo Premeire XL4 DVR/Cable box
Pioneer TRE-D800 wireless headphones
Klipsch reference speakers, subwoofer and in wall rear speakers, reference side speakers.
Logitech Harmony One remote (and URC MX 500)

Most of the above are now 10 years old or older I think and I was thinking of upgrading to a new flat screen tv.

Was looking at a sony bravia 65 inch xbr 65hx950 or perhaps a panasonic Viera 65 inch plasma (any suggestions appreciated), but on to my current questions.

I will probably be upgrading my dvd to a blu ray player once I have the new tv that has HDMI, and figured I would upgrade my receiver although I really do still like the current Denon I have.

I see the TV upgrade perhaps in 6 months or a year, but for now was going to upgrade the receiver, to one that accepts HDMI and can accommodate my current equipment.

I am seriously considering the AVR 3313CI but do have some concerns:

1) I do not see any digital audio out to accommodate my Yamaha musiccast, since I do use this to broadcast to my satellite musiccast devices throughout my condo. I guess I could use the analog, but isnt that kind of a step down from what I am doing now?

The pioneer headphones also do currently get a digital optical out from my current receiver.

2)If the musiccast gets one of the composite video outputs from the Denon 3313, will there be any other composite input I can use for the VCR (I do use this on rare occasion still for various reasons).

3) Until I get my new TV, will I be able to properly set up the reciever without an HDMI input on my TV? Manual suggests no other video output can use the onscreen menus.

My concerns about the Yamaha include:

1)I have liked the sound of Denon receivers in the past. I currently have a yamaha in the bedroom as well.
2) the Yamaha does not seem to have the latest version of Dolby prologic IIz (not sure if this is a real concern). (it seems to have the IIx)
3) Does not have direct spotify on the reciever itself (but I guess you can use Airplay).

I use both spotify and pandora, but think the spotify broadcasts in better quality.

That being said, the yamaha seems to have much better connectivity options.

Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 03:40 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
1. Not likely to notice any difference.
2. Yes, multiple analog inputs available.
3. Much easier with HDMI display connection. Use a small 12" display if necessary, which is what folks with a PJ often do so as not to have to power up the PJ.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 03:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Are there more than one set of analog audio out rca connections so that I can then connect to my wireless pioneer headphones as well as my "audio in" for the musiccast music server?

also, in response to the composite video inputs, you answered that there were plenty of them, so I can connect my VCR. In the manuals, I see where you can reassign the analog composite video inputs on the more expensive avr 4520 unit, but in the manual for the 3313CI, I only see reassigning the HDMI and component inputs?

Am I missing something?

And on the 3313? will I be able to see the album art, menus, etc using pandora, spotify, etc, if I do not use the HDMI connection, but instead use the component video to my Pioneer elite pro610HD tv?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1018 Post(s)
Liked: 1505
The Zone 2 pre-outs will play the same audio as the Media Player analog outputs. There are 3 composite video inputs which must use the source names on the jack label. There is only 1 composite video output.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Mon - Fri: 10am – 10pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page