Denon AVR-3313CI vs. Pioneer SC-71 vs. Yamaha RX-A1020 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2012, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking to replace my dead receiver. I'm considering the Denon AVR-3313CI, Pioneer SC-71, or Yamaha RX-A1020. Can you guys give me any pros/cons for these models, and your recommendations?

I have a 7.1 Axiom speaker setup: VP 150 center, 6 ohm max 400w; M60 Ti fronts, 8 ohm, max 250w; four QS 8 surrounds, 6 ohm, max 400w, and 2 pretty big SVS subwoofers powered by a Samson amp. My sources are pretty much all HDMI (FiOS, Blu Ray, Roku, and a home-built pc with a MythTV front-end.)

Thanks very much in advance for your advice and recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 12:26 PM

I'm also interested in this as I look to build a home theater set up. I have some Klipsch Heresey speakers that I plan to put on zone 2 and hope to get a Klipsch reference series HT speaker setup. I'm most interested in the pros and cons of the 3313 vs. the A1020.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:26 AM

Looks like we are all looking at the same things. I am very interested in learning about the two. I don't know about the Pioneer, but definitely interested in the 3313CI vs RX-A1020. I currently have a Denon AVR-1603 and I absolutely love it. Has plenty of power for my Paradigm MonitorTowers and Titan V3 surround speakers,and a new Paradigm Monitor 8" Sub. Problem is, it is slowly starting to die and some of my output channels are no longer working. I want to stick with the Denon but I have heard good things about Yamaha's over the years and was curious to see which of these two produces the best.

The only thing Ive noticed is the Denon produces 125W per channel whereas the Yamaha produces 110W per channel. This probably doesn't matter though unless you are planning on blasting the crap out of your speakers.

Tags
Yamaha Rx A1020 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver