Help me choose a new receiver.... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-14-2012, 02:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For the last 15 years, I've ONLY owned Pioneer receivers. I just recently upgraded to the VSX1022 from the VSK1019AH which was only 3 years old. I upgraded because I found a GREAT deal on the VSX1022, however, I am pretty unhappy with it for 2 reasons. First, I am unable to give custom names to the inputs. The 1019 allowed me to custom name inputs. Why this newer model doesnt allow that I dont understand. Second, one of the components I have connected to the new receiver is a TivoHD. For some reason, I am getting a loud "pop, or a short burst of static" whenever I change the channel on the Tivo (has to do with the audio stream dropping during the channel change and picking up again) . This is a known compatibility issue between the Tivo and some receivers. I've had 3 Pioneer receivers connected to my Tivo and never had this issue before. After much research, there doesnt seem to be a fix. It is so loud it seems it can almost damage my speakers. As far as sound, it's fine, but I'm looking to try a different brand, maybe Onkyo or Denon.
My speakers are Definitive Technology Pro Monitors and a Pro Center with a Dayton Sub. Obviously I'd need a receiver that allows custom names for inputs. Besides the Tivo, I also have an older Tecnhics CD player (RCA Cables) and a HTPC (HDMI) so I dont need a crazy amount of inputs. I'd also like standby HDMI passthrough. My HDMI port on the Tivo is shot so I use component, so I'd like to be able to passthrough the signal via HDMI to the the TV when the receiver is off (if possible). Also, I'd need DTS-MA/ True HD audio. My budget is around $400. Thanks!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page