Onkyo 609 - Audio output to speakers and another source (headphones through RCA) simultaneously? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-14-2012, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is this possible?

I have these new headphones for my XBOX 360. They come with a wire to connect to the controller so you can talk to your buddies while playing. There is a also a wire with a male 2.5mm connection. Lastly, there is an adapter it came with that turns the 2.5mm cable into a male Red/White RCA cable. I hooked up my XBox to VCR/DVR input since that input has a dedicated RCA audio out.. It did not output the audio to the headset, only the speakers. I then tried to hook up the two RCA cables to zone 2 while telling it to output the same source on zone 2 as my main source which was the XBOX at the time. It also did not work. The only thing that did work was to unplug the adapter and take the 2.5 mm cable and with another adapter I had, plug it into the headphones slot on the front of the system. This then muted the speakers and played the game's audio through the headset.

Is there a way to get the sound through the headset and speakers at the same time? I'm guessing I could plug them into the audio output of the TV, but that would just make a mess of the wires. I'd like everything to be plugged into the receiver.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

What I don't get is why Zone 2 doesn't work when I have zone two powered on and set to output the same source....
Old 11-14-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

May have answered my own question.

It says that only components connected through analog may be played through Zone 2, and the XBOX is played through HDMI.
Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Liked: 1748
Correct. Only a handful of AVRs on the market today can play other than analog to Zone 2.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (including weekends)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Old 11-14-2012, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

What about outputting from the VCR/DVR analog plugs? That doesn't seem to work either....