Denon AVP A1HDCI(a) and anamorphic lens setups - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-15-2012, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Everyone, I'm a new AVP A1HDCI(a) owner having recently purchased a floor model from a local dealer - got a sweet price and it was long overdue for me to replace my aging parasound. The question I have has to do with controlling the panels on my screen and the anamorphic lens set up on my PJ.

In my previous configuration, I had all of my video components running through the iSCAN VP50 pro with just the audio running directly to the Parasound. In this setup the VP50pro handled the upscaling but most importantly the Vertical Stretch and triggering of the panels and lens motor.

Now, with the AVP in place I've taken the VP50pro out of the chain and am running everything via HDMI into the AVP. This works and sounds great until I want to watch cinemascope movies and use the lens. From what I'm learning the AVP and the Realta HQV processor doesn't do vertical stretching AND there's no discrete code for the Trigger 1 function.

Are there any suggestions on how to get this automated like I had with the DVDO in place? I'd hate to add it back into the video chain as it's kind of a pain to use, but the vid quality and convenience of getting the fullest out of my theater is huge.

Thanks in advance.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avp A1hdci Ultra Reference A V Network Streaming Preamplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page