Denon AVR-XX12 Pandora Issue - Please Help ! (Pandora GUI switches to Internet Radio and Padora functions dissappear) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 11-15-2012, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All,
I have a Denon AVR-2312 connected to a 7.1 in-wall / sub setup in my Master Bedroom and a Denon AVR-1912 is powering a 2.1 setup in my backyard (using Zone-2 to power a Polk Atrium Sub-10 passive sub). The sound quality is phenomenal for the price I paid ($499 for the AVR-2312 (NIB) and $149 for AVR-1912 (Best Buy Open Box).

I am having one issue with both receivers while playing Pandora and I couldn't find any information about it on the multiple google searches I did. I can't imagine both my receivers exhibit the same behavior while no one else is having this issue. Hence my plea for help.

While a song is playing on a Pandora if I hit forward to go to the next song, the GUI refereshes to display the new song name ... but the display switches to "Internet Radio" and all of the Pandora features dissappear. I cannot forward the song, I cannot get to the Pandora Menu and I am totally at the mercy of Pandora for the next song and the one after that and one after that (no option to forward) just like it would be with an Off Air or Internet Radio station. The only way to get back to the Pandora GUI / functions is to hit the "Back" / "Return" button and pick a new Pandora Radio station.

Please let me know whether any of you is having this issue and if so what is the solution. I have the latest firmware in both the receivers. Not sure if that is the culprit but I am having this issue for a long time.

Any help from you will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Raj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-16-2012, 02:21 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1490 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
As noted in post #4 (Known Issues) of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig, there is a current issue with Pandora which is being worked on by Denon.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#post_20422031

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 8 Old 11-16-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the update JDSmoothie. I am glad to know that Denon is aware of this usse and are working on a fix. Did they provide any kind of an ETA ?
post #4 of 8 Old 12-11-2012, 03:42 PM

Hey all, im having the same prob as raj. I have a 2112ci and when i chose pandora sometimes the gui show pandora control other times its internet radio with no control option. I was hoping this latest update would this in addition to being unable to login. No dice. I called denon,did an network card reset. Did not work. Now they say i might need a new net card. I find that odd as ALL other networking programs work fine. Anybody else experiencing this??
post #5 of 8 Old 12-11-2012, 04:38 PM
585-645-1006

Please review the issues for the XX12 models posted in post #4 of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Thanks.

"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
post #6 of 8 Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 PM

Jdsmoothie, I have installed the new firmware update today as indicated in post #4. I can now log in but the gui switches between internet radio and pandora. The update does not fix the problem raj and i are experiencing. Denon says there are not any other updates in the works and that it could be the netcard..
post #7 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 AM

Raj, Any luck figuring this out? None on my end. Just wondering.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
585-645-1006

I'm still trying to get the official word on this issue from Denon as to whether or not there is a firmware solution forthcoming.

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page