Keep it? Creative X-Fi Titanium HD - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Should I sell off the Creative X-Fi Tatanium HD card?
Yes, you are wasting your money by holding onto it. HDMI audio is it 0 0%
No, HDMI audio is perfect for 5.1, but not as good as that Creative Card for Music. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-17-2012, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Backgroud:
I've been a PC Gamer for about 10 years now. I've always purchased some type of Soundblaster for every PC I've built. But now, I've evolved into being a HTPCer. I bought a nice projocter that does 3D, with a 100' picture. So using my Logitech Z-5500s in a 12'x12' space isn't bad, But when I found a smoking deal for some Polk 30 bookshelves(4 of them) a CS10 Center and a PSW100 Sub, all for less than $400, I jumped on it. I found a Denon 1513 for about $150. So I'm feeling pretty good about that.

After doing lots of reading around the web, I've figured out that Audio off of my Videocard's HDMI is going to be better than some sort of 5.1 of Toslink, like Dolby Digital or DTS. Correct? PCM off of HDMI is better for gaming right?

So I love gaming, movies and music. If HDMI is better for for 5.1 gaming and Blurays, what about music. Is that a good reason to keep my X-Fi Titanium HD with it's amazing DAC. and pipe out analog over RCA for music? Because the Denon Reciever features something called Restorer, which is suppost to improve compressed audo from an anolog source. Because from I understand about this Creative HD card, it's supposed to sound very nice with a good sound system. But if it's no benifit, then why keep it.

So should I keep it, or sell it off?

Asus Maximus IV GeneZ--i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz-8Gb Corsair 1.5v 9-9-9-243x --Intel x25m 80Gb & Corsair GT 240Gb--GTX780by Evga-- Corsair AX 850 PSU--Denon AVR x1000--Asus PB278Q monitor
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors