Need Receiver Recommendations. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm relatively ignorant when it comes to A/V equiptment. I know enough to get myself in trouble. I am really looking for something that offers the best sound quality. Video Games, Movies, and TV make up 99% of my listening experience. My friends swear up and down that buying a $3-400 receiver is all I need for my setup and that buying anything else is a waste of money. I currently own a Marantz SR7400 and love it, but I'm looking to get something that offers HDMI hookups. I want to future proof as I won't be buying a new receiver for another 8-10 years. The musts are: Discrete Amplification, 3D & 4K Pass through, audio calibration. I'm biased towards Marantz and have been looking at the SR5007, but the Denon AVR-2113CI has also caught my eye. What do you guys recommend? I plan on going to various places to listen to some of these amps, but really I have no one stop shop that I can hook all of them up to the same speakers.

I'd really prefer unbiased opinions though I know that is going to be difficult.

My current Setup is as follows:

Samsung 59" D7000 Plasma TV.
Panasonic BDT-110 Blu Ray Player
Marantz - SR7400
Paradigm Monitor Series Speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 723
What sounds good to you in terms of sq may not to someone else, subjective is biased, nature of the beast. A brand's offerings within a year can differ a lot, let alone over a period of years. Most of the AVRs in that price range are relatively similar and doubt any are truly future proof if you like to keep up with technology. Some killer deals going on on the Onkyo 818 right now, I'd add that to your list. You don't listen to music at all?

post #3 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 07:53 PM

Go with the denon I love mine.

Buffalo, NY
post #4 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

I listen to music in my car. Generally not my stereo. I work from home but work in the spare bedroom and just use my computer for listening to music. I actually am going to go with the Denon as I can get a refurb w/1yr warranty for $400. I just hope I'm not disappointed. I checked it out at American and it sounded decent with their crappy speakers, so I'm thinking I should be good with my Paradigms.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page