integra 50.4 compared to denon 3313 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-23-2012, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys wanted to know your opinon on the ingragra 50.4. i have been trying to research a bit upon it but cant seem to really find anything. also wanted to know if anybody has any thoughts on how it compares to the 3313. both can be had for around 1000. also looking at pioneer sc-63 and also the marantz sr6007 all of these to be paired to the monitor audio silver line.

any thoughts?

Happy Turkey Day and Black Friday smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hey,

I just got one and can't tell you how much better than my Denon 4310ci it sounds without even really setting it up fully. I still am testing it out shall we say but it is a massive upgrade.

I looked lots before but will say this... I am not sure how much info you will get in forums about integra, as far as I can tell it is a product line which is supposed to be bought from independent custom installers. I don't think it compares to the 3313, I was trying to compare it to a 4520 and after 3 hours talking with a custom shop I realized that not only is it a much superior receiver.... It is also significantly cheaper, I saved about 1500$ on my unit from the price point that I was looking at. I have run the setup and can confirm that it definitely sounds miles better than my 4310, just tested one movie but we had recently watched it on the other unit and the audio quality was fantastic. 50.4 steps you (gently) into the audiophile quality minus the expense.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 04:08 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 1603
Although they are both 7.2 AVRs with roughly equal power, the 50.4 features the more advanced version of Audyssey MultEQ XT32 and so would be the better buy being equally priced with the 3313. It is somewhere between the 3313CI and the 4520CI as the 4520 is a 9.2 AVR and more in line with the Integra 70.4.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #4 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
On paper I would agree with jdsmoothie, but from my (limited knowledge) the Integra line is placed much differently than say the Denon. Additionally the 9.1 is at this point wasted as far as true movie coding. At this point there are no movies coded in 9.1 available and only about 170 (that I can find online) that are coded in 7.1. Like I was saying I highly recommend that you find an actual Integra approved dealer/supplier and ask them some questions about the two units. However, it is my understanding that Integra units are only "allowed" to be distributed to specific shops so if you can find one that carries it they might have some good information for you. As I said before this is only my opinion though.

From experience though, and I have only about 4 hours of use to draw on but... it is in my opinion not even in the same league as anything that Denon is offering. I think maybe the 30.4 would actually compare to the 4520.... again on paper maybe they compare but the bones of them is totally different. My discussions were surrounded around aspects which make a huge difference but are not necessarially documented... discussions with the dealer would head this stuff.... but the internal power supply is way different as is the design of the system internally. For example the 50.4 weighs about 50lbs and the 4520 is about 42lbs... difference??? not something that you will find in a manual. Dual independent power supplies, 4 ohm speaker stability and 3 yr waranty are all things which are not front and center as far as marketing but point to a much better internal designed unit (in my opinion).

Anyway, just my opinion.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Over a week since the OP posted, so perhaps this comes a little late, but unless you want the things that the 50.4 offers over and above the Onkyo 818, then I'd recommend you look at the cheaper 818.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1408 Post(s)
Liked: 1603
Quote:
Originally Posted by rchwallace View Post

For example the 50.4 weighs about 50lbs and the 4520 is about 42lbs... difference??? not something that you will find in a manual. Dual independent power supplies, 4 ohm speaker stability and 3 yr waranty are all things which are not front and center as far as marketing but point to a much better internal designed unit (in my opinion).
Anyway, just my opinion.

Weight difference is moot and the 4520CI is also 4-ohm stable and all Denon "CI" models come with a 3 year warranty. smile.gif

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #7 of 7 Old 12-13-2012, 02:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello all,just got a 50.4 the other day.I'd been shopping for a newer reciever,I'm upgrading from an onkyo 805 & didn't want to step down from that.I was looking at the denon 3313ci and a yamaha & pioneer elite,but I don't remember their model numbers but they were close in the specks of the denon.I auditioned them at Best Buy to get an ideal of what was what with em.The sales person seemed to try to push me to the pioneer,he stated it had the best low end umph of the 3 & it sounded better.I informed him I wasn't worried about how the low end was on the reciever I was looking for,I wanted a reciever that sonicly sounded well,by that I mean not sounding too thin,good imaging,(or at least to my ears..lol),& enough power not to strain at the level I may turn it up to.I have an old svs pb+2 sub so low end isn't an issue for me.The salesman used a pair of bowers & wilkins speakers,(much more in price than mine),for the comparison.I asked him to make sure the recievers were crossed over at full-range,no eq & the tone settings flat or at 0,he assured me that he'd had them already set up that way,so the test began with a John Mayer cd he had put in.The denon had a pretty good sound,heard,what to me is depth in the song,highs were present,more than I expected but I thought that's probobly because of the bowers & wilkins speakers,midrange & mid-bass were decent too but it was a tad thin & at high voulume I seemed to hear a little distress in the sound,( I had turned the voulume to max on all recievers with nothing playing to see what my volume threshould would be on each reciever,may not be scientific but hey,novice here..lol),then on to the elite,I couldn't belive how much fuller the sound stage was compared to the denon but at the higher volume it sounded about the same as far as maybe not enough clean power,the volume was there but not as clean to me.The yamaha had the most neutral sound of the 3 but lacked the clean sounding presence that I got outta my 805.I figured maybe because even though my reciever's tone settings are flat,maybe because I used the Audyssey set up & my speakers are some old a** infinity beta 50's,(though I love em,never let me down),maybe that was why the recievers performed like that.After switching between the 3 the pioneer just sounded so full at a flat state I asked the salesman if he'd cut the tone from flat maybe to - 3 then that's when I discovered he kinda was leading me to the elite.After bout a minute of trying to find a way to get to the tone settings,he had to get someone to help get it done.While he was gone I quickly found it & discovered the bass was at +4 & the Treble was at +5.I set them to zero & BAM,not so much fuller than the others,(I also checked the settings on the other 2)in fact,there wasn't one that blew me away,mind you ,they all had decent & different sounds about them,but none shamed my 805.

I then searched out HT shops,3 of the 4 I contacted carried Integra,one had nad's,another,denons\marantz,pioneer.None recomended Pioneer,even the one that carried it,they said that the models they had were old & they just stopped carrying them,not that they made bad recievers.What was I going to do,was really going in circles here,but one HT shop invited me to bring my own speakers to the shop to hear how the Integra would sound on them,so I took him up on it.The best move I've made..They made my speakers sound like I've never heard before..I mean the clairity was that much more,& my speakers always sounded good on the 805,but the integra 50.4 took em to another level.Needless to say I broke the bank & got it but boy I am one happy camper.
Once at home I hooked em up,set the speakers to 80hrz cross-over,gain to 3 on the fronts,sub on 2 & fired em up..pure bliss & amazement,without even using the Audyssey set up yet,will do that this weekend.I put it in one of the dolby modes while watching tv & even the wife notice a difference in the sound.If anyone has had an onkyo & liked it,they should love this one.

Just FYI,the Integra 50.4 is lighter & not as wide as the 805,but I guess that's new teck for ya,it is a vast improvement over a fine,(subject to my opinion) onkyo 805 reciever & I give it 5 stars on initial listening without tweeking it as of yet.
Hope this long a** post is helpful to anyone.PEACE!!!
Damijan81 likes this.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page