buying a refurbished from accessories4less.com - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 03:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Planning on getting the DENON AVR-2113CI. Is it worth buying a "Denon Factory Refurbished" from accessories4less.com??? its $400 compare to $650 (brand new).

thx

john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
If you want to save some money and still get a 1 year warranty, yup.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://usa.denon.com/us/wheretobuy/pages/OnlineETailers.aspx

thanks for the tip. Looks like they are an authorized refurb seller too.

1913 349 and 2113 399
post #4 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlo View Post

Planning on getting the DENON AVR-2113CI. Is it worth buying a "Denon Factory Refurbished" from accessories4less.com??? its $400 compare to $650 (brand new).
thx
john

Buying a refurb is rolling the dice. It all depends on the particular unit they send you. Some had a lot more and/or more serious problems than others. Even if you have a warranty that will cover any issues for a year, it's still a PITA to send a damaged receiver in for repairs and not worth a few hundred dollars to me.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidHorn View Post

Buying a refurb is rolling the dice. It all depends on the particular unit they send you. Some had a lot more and/or more serious problems than others. Even if you have a warranty that will cover any issues for a year, it's still a PITA to send a damaged receiver in for repairs and not worth a few hundred dollars to me.

thanks for the heads up. I never bought a refurb receiver, but the thought does kinda put me off. I might just wait to find a good deal on a new model.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlo View Post

Planning on getting the DENON AVR-2113CI. Is it worth buying a "Denon Factory Refurbished" from accessories4less.com???

They appear to have the same mentality for new merchandise. I received a (new) defective receiver and they want me to work with the manufacturer (not Denon) which so far is next to impossible... as you either get "The mailbox has no space... or they hang up on you when you tell them you'll wait.

Fry's just had the Denon AVR-1913 for $288 so lower prices can be found on new stock.
post #7 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I purchased the same unit from A4Less and it's going strong with no issues. I also purchased the extended warranty for peace of mind in the future.

post #8 of 11 Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

If you want to save some money and still get a 1 year warranty, yup.

It seems that the warranty on refurbs is the same as new products???? Which is 2 years

http://usa.denon.com/us/wheretobuy/pages/dealersearch.aspx Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When you plug in your Denon equipment, we want to make sure that it will perform perfectly. Denon equipment purchased directly from Denon or from an authorized retailer is guaranteed to be authentic and comes with a valid serial number, documentation, full product support and warranty. (View New or Refurbished Warranty)

http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-NEW-July10.pdf
post #9 of 11 Old 11-27-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Having purchased from AC4L many times, the only occasion requiring me to contact them about any issues was when I bought a reconditioned Onkyo PR-SC885 processor from them some years ago, back when they were on closeout. I had passed on the ShopOnkyo website sale and after changing my mind some time later, ended up paying a little more from AC4L...but it was still worth it. Being reconditioned, the unit did come with some minor internal issues however, but I sorted them out myself after contacting AC4L.

Back then, they offered free shipping back to them and another unit shipped out to me in exchange. I passed on the exchange when they said it was all right for me to open the unit and try and sort out the issues, which I did successfully (pinched wiring for the front display panel (easily relieved) which was causing display loss when pressure was applied to the front top left corner and some larger replacement screws needed for the AC connector, which had actually pushed into the unit when I tried to connect the power cord). Perhaps most would have returned the unit but I was concerned that the supply might run out or that I might get one in worse condition. Either way AC4L stood behind what they sold to me and handled the situation to my complete satisfaction. The unit still remains one of the best investments I've ever made in audio.

So I guess the lesson learned when buying anything refurbed/reconditioned is to always expect an issue or two and consider yourself fortunate if there are none. If the company has a solid reputation they will usually make things right.

Have all that you want ... just want what you have.
post #10 of 11 Old 11-27-2012, 11:33 PM

Is the Fry's deal of $288 for the 1913 still going on?
post #11 of 11 Old 11-28-2012, 03:33 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 624 Post(s)
Liked: 1374
Quote:
Originally Posted by bishop_161 View Post

It seems that the warranty on refurbs is the same as new products???? Which is 2 years
http://usa.denon.com/us/wheretobuy/pages/dealersearch.aspx Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
When you plug in your Denon equipment, we want to make sure that it will perform perfectly. Denon equipment purchased directly from Denon or from an authorized retailer is guaranteed to be authentic and comes with a valid serial number, documentation, full product support and warranty. (View New or Refurbished Warranty)
http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-NEW-July10.pdf

Guess you didn't catch that you simply posted the same linked twice. wink.gif

Here's the 1 year Refurb Warranty link ..... http://usa.denon.com/DocumentMaster/US/WebWarrHOME-B-STOCK-US-Dec11_04.pdf

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page