Denon 2802 replacement? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My husband has a denon 2802 that needs replaced. I was thinking of giving him the new receiver as a gift. But I know NOTHING about home audio. So I need a replacement for the old receiver. It has to have at least the same level of performance and functionality as the 2802 but for current use (blue ray player, iPods, eyc). We have a blue ray, DVD, cable/tv and Wii that need to run through it. And my husband also has Paradigm studio 100 speakers. Any thoughts on what I should look at? I would say that 350-400 is the price cap. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
My best advice--don't buy him a receiver. Get him a gift card from his favorite electronics retailer for the amount you want to spend, wrap it in a blown up picture of a receiver and put it in a nice card--then let him pick it out. He probably already has a few models in mind and this method would not be in the least tacky-he'll thank you for it.

Steve S.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
^^^

this...

like with every other hobby, it is best to give the hobbyist the ability to purchase what they want... smile.gif

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #4 of 5 Old 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

like with every other hobby, it is best to give the hobbyist the ability to purchase what they want... smile.gif

Nothing makes me as happy as when the wife says, "Hey, lets go to (store) together (pretend like you are interested) and get a new (piece of electronics)."
post #5 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 02:55 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Another important thing to note is that the current successor to the 2802 is the 3313CI (MSRP $1199), and although he doesn't need to go that high for improved audio fidelity over the 2802, with those nice speakers, last year's Denon 2112 (or higher) on clearance or the newer Denon 2113CI (MSRP $649) is really the lowest he should go if he wants to stick with Denon. Give Electronics Expo a "call" and see what kind of price they can provide as generally it's one of the best of the Denon authorized resellers and as you'll likely get a better price than your local Best Buy, suggest rather than a gift card, simply a hand written card indicating the money can be credited towards a future purchase at any store.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page