Help Yamaha 473 HDMI audio suddenly not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 11-26-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
All,
I just installed a new home system with a YAMAHA RX-V473BL 5.1-Channel Network AV Receiver. I have cablebox and Blue-ray player going into receiver as inputs and then one HDMI out to my TV. Everything was working fine this w/e. I decided to run the Yamaha YPAO auto-tuner and it ran fine but after completion suddenly there is no audio signal being recognized now from my cable or BD player! If I turn off the receiver then I can get audio on my TV from the TV speakers. I am assuming this means this is not an HDMI cable issue not to mention the HDMI cable was working just fine even this morning. Somehow the receiver is not picking up the audio now and I can't seem to see any setting change which could affect this. Also, IPOD and Radio work fine on the receiver.

Any idea how I can debug this further or what might be the cause? Thanks!
--Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
Try unplugging the receiver for a few minutes and plugging it back in. If it has an HDMI audio pass through try turning that off.

Steve S.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Update: I contacted Yamaha customer service and they had never heard of this happening. Walked me through resetting the receiver to defaults and everything started working fine again! Not sure root cause but everything working well again!