Denon 1913 - Audio & Video not working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having problems with a new Denon 1913. After connecting it and finishing the setup, the system was operating okay (except for network functions). Then, the unit prompted me to update. I accepted and waited. After about two hours of waiting, I realized that the unit dropped it's network connection. I turned the unit off and then back on. The unit was on autopilot to retry the update. After reading a few threads on this site, I took some of the advice and went to bed to allow the unit to update overnight. I woke up to the unit continuing the attempt to update. I shut it off thinking that the update was pointless. I tried to do a network reset, but it doesn't reset anything. It blinks three times as if it were going to reset the unit, but it never prompts me for the language like it did when I first set the unit up.

By the way, what's wrong with this model's network card? I have a rock solid network (lan and wan) and this unit crapped out every few minutes on the network functions (internet radio and pandora). This is why I finally opted to update the unit - thought it was a fix to the crappy network card issue.

Thanks in advance!

If it helps, the AVR is the only unit in this system. Nothing else is connected other than the TV and speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 1590
Try unplugging the AVR for a few minutes and then give the update another try. Otherwise you may want to try using a different router or exchanging the unit.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page