Pioneer Elite sc-61 arriving tomorrow! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-26-2012, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hey people Ive been lurking for many many years always coming around to see whats up with new tech in TV's. My reciever died about a week and a half ago Believe it or not is was a pioneer vsx 509s I bought maybe in 2003 or 2004 lol. Now everytime I turn it on it blinks shutting off on the screen and turns off. Anyhow I waited for BF to see if Id catch a deal, since I saw it at BB Magnolia for about $1100 even if I got $250 off it (which I know I wouldnt get it) Id still have to pay tax. So I got it from Amazon for $749 with free shipping, I ordered it on the 23rd and it will be here tomorrow! Im running a 5.1 system at the mmoment with polk audio monitor 40's for the L and R and rears, a CS1 center, Velodyne ct-150 sub. Not much compared to you big dogs but for an apartment it has more than enough punch to make the windows quake! Anyway it arrives tomorrow and will take pics and answer questions if I can if anyone has some. I saw a thread with that guy Hififun but it veered off in another direction, and I really didnt see anything dedicated to the sc-61 anyway cant wait for tomorrow!smile.gif

Oh and my blueray player is a Sony BDP-s300 from 2006.......sorry guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 343
congratulations on the new gear! biggrin.gif
when you get it & set up, hope to read posts in the threads about how's it working for you, etc.

pics are nice, too wink.gif

Steve
post #3 of 4 Old 11-27-2012, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss9001 View Post

congratulations on the new gear! biggrin.gif
when you get it & set up, hope to read posts in the threads about how's it working for you, etc.
pics are nice, too wink.gif

Hehe, thanks man, I will definitely post pics. Ive always wanted an Elite reciever but just never pushed the button, I was close many times. But once I read about the class D3 amps in the higher sc series, I said what the hell its time. I was also looking at the Elite vsx-53 but I wanted the D3 amps and also noticed it took alot more power to run the VSX-53(560w) to get 110x7compared to SC-61 290w for 125x7, Im intrigued by the efficiency of the 61. Dont know if thats even a reason for buying this but thats what pushed me for some reason. Its out for delivery:D
post #4 of 4 Old 11-29-2012, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

So finally my reciever got here after not being delivered Tuesday like it was scheduled for and alot of cursing and mumbling (Fedex has a ton of excuses "They didnt reach your area today" and "its on the wrong truck" are a couple of their favorites followed by alot of apologies:rolleyes:!) So it got here last night at 8:20pm hookup was a breeze (since all I have to hook up is my Sony BDP-s300 Velodyne ct-150 and the speakers), I only got to hook up the 5.1 I have 2 more speakers to hook up for the 7.1. but it was 10pm so I had to leave it super low but I put in Prometheus BD and let it play through as I read a bit on the manual. Theres a Firmware update, is it wise to update, does it matter? Does everyone just run the newest firmware regardless of what reciever you run?? Anyway heres some pics and Im off to test some more.biggrin.gif

I did instead of using the supplied powercord use one I had from an Enermax 1200w powersupply, top one was what came with the reciever!

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page