yamaha htr-4065 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello all, i hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving. i had a question about the yamaha htr-4065 that i just bought from costco. i was going to ask this question in another thread but i didn't want to just hijack someone else's thread like that. i am relatively new at the whole audio/video thing. let me tell you what i want and please tell me if it is possible or not. like i said i just bought a yamaha receiver. i want to connect it to the flat screen i have at my restuarant. 2 wall mounted speakers will be also connected to the yamaha receiver. i want to be able to use an internet radio station for the customers because for some reason i get a lot of static interference from the local radio stations. i was thinking of running something like Tunein Radion which has a lot of jazz and classical stations. Can the yamaha receiver play internet radio stations. or will i need to hook up my ipod touch and play Tunein radio through my ipod to the receiver. secondly is it possible to have the TV on mute while playing internet radio. What i had in mind was to play some old silent black and white movies or cartoons while having a Jazz or classical station play in the background. I clearly have no idea to go about doing this so any suggestions would help. i know this much...i want to be able to play internet radio stations while the TV is on with no sound and while both machines are connected to the yamaha receiver. so please show me how to acheive this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
thanks for all the help everyone, i got the geek squad from Best Buy to set up my audio/video equipment. that way no need to for trial and error on my own. might as well let the experts do it. happy qwanza, christmas, hannakah, and or whatever you believe in
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page