Denon 3311ci HDMI OUT 2 (Monitor Out 2) intermittent no signal issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all,

I've had the receiver for more than 2 years happily until recently when i started using the Monitor Out 2 since I now have a projector to hook it up with. After about > 30 mins it would start to have no video/audio issue intermittently which last about several seconds then come back up, but will keep doing that forever after. I think its acting up whenever its heated up or something. I've tried to test multiple settings to find out this is caused by the Denon.

Anyone has the same issue? I'm going to bring the receiver for warranty service but just wonder why this issue comes up.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 08:21 AM

Liked: 10
I just started having the exact same problem with my Denon. I'm wondering if you ever found a resolution to this issue. I know this is an old thread so this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I thought I would ask. .....Thanks.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 08:39 AM

I have the same problem. Very intermittent though.
post #4 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
Have you tried replacing the HDMI cable with a Monoprice Redmere cable or adding an HDMI extender/repeater if the length is > 20'?

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 10:16 AM

Same here, the problem is very intermittent. In fact it has only happened a couple of times when NOT using my Bluray (DirecTV and Chromecast). Even with the Bluray it doesn't happen very often with one exception...

When I am using my P90X DVDs it seems to happen several times during each session. I can't imagine that this has to do with my jumping around causing cable connection problems because the components are in a built in wall unit that is extremely solid.

Another idea is that there is some sort of electrical disturbance causing a brief disturbance. I mention this because one of my two PC monitors in my home office will "blink" intermittently as well. I realized that whenever I rub my feet on the carpet and touch one of the walls in my office causing a "shock", my monitor consistently blinks. So the theory is that an electrical disturbance is causing this random issue to occur.

All that said, I think the most likely issue is with the HDMI cable. I'll try changing that first. I'm not familiar with Redmere cables, what's the deal with those? Are they better than standard cables?
post #6 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 02:13 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
Liked: 1608
^^
Yes, newer "powered" cables that go to 65' without requiring an extender/repeater.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 
Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #7 of 7 Old 04-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Very cool. Overkill for me however, I can get by with a 10' cable.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3311ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 3311ci by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page