Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 Old 12-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi coxcableman,

My AVR is connectedto the TV through the ARC  using a HDMI cable.   When I try to go from the AVR to BD that's when I only get audio and no video.

When I run the HDMI cable directly from the BD to the TV in HDMI 1 I get video and audio (surround sound) through the AVR.

post #63 of 78 Old 12-08-2013, 07:43 PM

Liked: 16
How many hdmi inputs are on the avr I run all my equipment to the back of my avr and 1 hdmi out to tv and use the avr to switch inputs
post #64 of 78 Old 12-09-2013, 05:23 AM

I have 6 HDMI inputs.   That is what I did.  HDMI out to TV in through the ARC  and set the HDMi set up to turn on the ARC.

I tried plugging the HDMI to another input and same thing happened.  I treied using the HDMI 1 input on teh TV and turned off the ARC.  I got audio and a picture intermittently came through but not stable.   Could there be a problem with the cable itself?

The TV is hooked up through an analog satellite/cable box.

I tried running the composite connection directly to the AVR but no luck using the adaptor.  No luck .

post #65 of 78 Old 12-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Also,  I keep getting this message: " No signal ensure external device is turned on and properly connected to TV's input."

I have followed the manual's steps and cannot get the video signal with this configuration.

But all works with video signal and audio when I go directly from the BlueRay (BD) to the TV input HDMI 1

Not sure if that is the best optimal way to do it.

post #66 of 78 Old 12-11-2013, 05:35 PM

Solved my problem of no video signal.  Turned out.... it was not the AVR.   I reset the resolution on the BD player according to the manual and behold ..... video.    Everything is working fine now. 

Thanks for your help ...

post #67 of 78 Old 12-12-2013, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2013 View Post

Solved my problem of no video signal.  Turned out.... it was not the AVR.   I reset the resolution on the BD player according to the manual and behold ..... video.    Everything is working fine now. 

Thanks for your help ...

Glad you got that sorted out... Good to hear it wasn't the unit itself...
post #68 of 78 Old 01-04-2014, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

I am going to recalibrate the moca today....
post #69 of 78 Old 02-10-2014, 01:35 PM

I use an AppleTV connected to a Pioneer VSX-42 receiver and a Pioneer TC-50PU54 TV. The TV and AppleTV are connected to the VSX-42 via HDMI. It used to work perfectly for over a year. As of last week, now I can only listen to music over AppleTV, if the Panasonic TV is turned on. Previously I could have the TV off and the sound still came through the external speakers. Sound still comes through external speakers when TV is on.  Any idea what setting might have changed that requires me to keep the TV on to hear music from the AppleTV?

post #70 of 78 Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Apologies for double posting in this and the VSX-1022-k thread - neither one seems to be getting a lot of traffic. Anyway, I'm picking up a used VSX-42 tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it as the capability to adjust the eq for each channel manually. I can do that on my VSX-1121-k, and it makes a huge difference to the sound - I hated the way MCACC set it, but I love the sound now that I set it manually. Can the 42/1022-k do this?
post #71 of 78 Old 02-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyrees View Post

Apologies for double posting in this and the VSX-1022-k thread - neither one seems to be getting a lot of traffic. Anyway, I'm picking up a used VSX-42 tomorrow, and I'm wondering if it as the capability to adjust the eq for each channel manually. I can do that on my VSX-1121-k, and it makes a huge difference to the sound - I hated the way MCACC set it, but I love the sound now that I set it manually. Can the 42/1022-k do this?
Well, I pulled the trigger. Its virtually brand new, $220, nov 2012 build. My question now is, how do I adjust the sound to my liking, rather than just taking what mcacc gives me? I see a bass and treble adjustment on the remote, but is there a more detailed adjustment in the menus somewhere? According to the manual, there is no Manual MCACC, like the 1121 has, but I find it hard to believe there is no manual eq option.
post #72 of 78 Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontyrees View Post

Well, I pulled the trigger. Its virtually brand new, $220, nov 2012 build. My question now is, how do I adjust the sound to my liking, rather than just taking what mcacc gives me? I see a bass and treble adjustment on the remote, but is there a more detailed adjustment in the menus somewhere? According to the manual, there is no Manual MCACC, like the 1121 has, but I find it hard to believe there is no manual eq option.
Set this VSX-42 up last night - probably took an hour including unhooking the old receiver and all the extra cables I had to use to work around the dead HDMI out port, hooking up the new one to 7.1 speakers, Uverse box, BDP, and TV with ARC. Ran MCACC to get the speaker distances set, then bumped up the levels, particularly Sub to get to a sound I liked, and bumped up Bass and Treble a bit on the remote for a livelier presentation. No manual eq available that I could find frown.gif Still, it sounds good, and it was cheap - $220. I could probably have paid less, but that's fine with me. I don't think it sounds as good as my old VSX-1121, but the ability to add a roku now, the convenience of less cables and less complicated audio assignments, and the ability to play the full lossless soundtracks on BD should compensate. Course, I could be wrong, and it really sounds identical - who knows? It gets plenty loud, and in general sounds fine.

Now, what do I do with a very nice VSX-1121 with a dead hdmi out? The replacement board was over $300.

I also took a couple of pics of the two units side by side for a comparison. The 1121 is a LOT bigger than the 42. I'll see if I can upload them
post #73 of 78 Old 10-13-2014, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

So I think this receiver has cropped out on me. The blue HDMI light no longer turns on and I no longer can get an image from the receiver to the televisio. I tried switchi ng HDMIcables bbut that didn't fix it. Is the outgoing HDMI port in the back of the receiver bad?
post #74 of 78 Old Today, 05:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi all,

I just picked up a used VSX-42. All I am using it for right now is HDMI switching, as I haven't purchased any speakers yet. I am having difficulty figuring out how to get this unit to pass audio over HDMI to my TV. Video works fine. It also works if I put the receiver in Standby mode, but surely there's a better way, since I need to be able to switch between inputs on the receiver. Can someone help me out?
post #75 of 78 Old Today, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post
All I am using it for right now is HDMI switching, as I haven't purchased any speakers yet. I am having difficulty figuring out how to get this unit to pass audio over HDMI to my TV.

Hi nickstl, set HDMI Audio to "Through" found under Audio Parameter.
post #76 of 78 Old Today, 07:12 PM

See attached picture. I don't seem to have that menu option "Audio Parameter"?

post #77 of 78 Old Today, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstl77 View Post
See attached picture. I don't seem to have that menu option "Audio Parameter"?

On the remote, press "Receiver" and then press "Audio Parameter" button.
nickstl77 likes this.
post #78 of 78 Unread Today, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
On the remote, press "Receiver" and then press "Audio Parameter" button.
Perfect! Thank you!
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Vsx 42 7 1 Channel Network Ready Av Receiver