Changing Bass and treble on Denon AVR-2113 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am used to adjusting bass and treble controls but I think the denon does it automatically.

There seems to be no way to adjust. Am I right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 971
It should have both manual and automatic, what did the manual say? If you need help translating their manual try searching for batpig's translation of denon...;

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #3 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thank You I watched a video and I can now do it manually.
Great!
post #4 of 7 Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked: 1685
Bass and treble settings can be adjusted when Dyn EQ is set to OFF, so generally not something you want to do.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter

I wanted to listen to some music so I did turn off the eq.

Why is it something I shouldnt do?

Should i switch the eq back on whan i go back to ord tv I have a feeling it might retain separate settings for "media" ( I played the music through my Mac) and tv so perhpas leaving the bass on a little heaview on the music I might not even need to change it back to TV.

Ive had the denon 6 months and just couldnt work out how to adjust the tone. The old music I still like from the 60s need the extra bass
post #6 of 7 Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 466 Post(s)
Liked: 971
Dunno about Denon's "Dynamic EQ" but in my Onkyo that's a low volume listening thing (loudness contour type of thing). Maybe different in Denon. If you prefer to set your bass/treble separately (assuming you don't have a manual eq setting for various bands, which I'd find preferabe to a simple bass/treble adjustment) then do as you please. Some avrs set various adjustments for each input (my Onkyo does) but I'd check to see how that works on yours, or not...

"I realize that somebody playing free music isn't as commercial as a hamburger stand. But is it because you can eat a hamburger and hold it in your hand and you can't do that with music? Is it too free to control?" - Don Van Vliet (aka Captain Beefheart) discussing commercial success in the music biz

post #7 of 7 Old 12-01-2012, 02:57 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked: 1685
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbreslaw View Post

I wanted to listen to some music so I did turn off the eq.
Why is it something I shouldnt do?
Should i switch the eq back on whan i go back to ord tv I have a feeling it might retain separate settings for "media" ( I played the music through my Mac) and tv so perhpas leaving the bass on a little heaview on the music I might not even need to change it back to TV.
Ive had the denon 6 months and just couldnt work out how to adjust the tone. The old music I still like from the 60s need the extra bass

The whole point of using Dyn EQ is to BOOST the bass and surround audio at volume levels lower than reference volume (ie. 0db). As virtually everyone listens at < 0db, it's recommended to leave Dyn EQ set to ON for all sources all the time.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AVRs, Speakers, etc. 

Daily 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too if you leave message)
Call for pricing - Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Pioneer, Onkyo, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Oppo
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2113ci Receiver
Gear in this thread - 2113ci by PriceGrabber.com