Pandora log in problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 98 Old 11-29-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright. I have read up about page 260 after I got my 2112CI. And never had any issues that I couldn't fix with the info that's on here. So now Im stumped and thought its time to register. So I turn on Pandora today and it ask me to log in. I input my info but every time I hit ok after my password, Please Wait flashes on the screen and thats it. I tried a soft reset. Meaning unplugging for a while. Whats next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 98 Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
same thing on my marantz av7005. came here to see what's up.
post #3 of 98 Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM

Liked: 15
Same thing Here w/ denon 3312. Came home as usual turned on the receiver asked me to log in to Pandora which was strange and sure enough. I enter my uername and password and it just says please wait....then nothing!

Samsung es6150 55", Marantz av8801, Home Built HTPC, Sony S590 - BluRay, Salk HT2 TL - Mains, Polk LSIC - Center, Parasound A21 amp for mains & Acurus A250- Amplifier center channel, Dual Svs SB13 Ultra Subwoofers
Blue Jeans 10AWG Speaker wire, Kimber Kable Hero Interconnects
post #4 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 12:17 AM

Hi guys,

I'm having the same issue with my 2112ci. I tried to sign into Pandora for the first time today and it just flashes "Please Wait" for a second and does nothing. I created my account through the receiver's registration process about a month ago, and never tried to sign in before now.

Now when I click the "I don't have an account" option, it tells me I never completed the authentication process and to "follow the instructions" - what those are, I don't know. I'm guessing it wants me to sign in, which I cant.

Any ideas? Since I can't get it to display my authentication code, I can't try again by creating a new account. Hard reset doesn't seem to affect any Pandora settings (it remembers my login info afterwards), so I'm running out of ideas.

Help would be much appreciated!
post #5 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
Liked: 1502
There have been issues with using the Pandora service for several weeks now. D&M is aware of the issue and working on a solution via firmware update. For the Denon XX12 model owners, this issue has been listed in post #4 of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Also, take the time to review posts #1-6 in that thread if you haven't already as I also provide firmware changelog info.

---------------------------------
"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - Authorized dealer for AV Gear 

Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun too, will return call if I don't pick up)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Def Tech, Atlantic Tech, Parasound
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #6 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe Pandora found out we didn't have to listen to commercials.
post #7 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post

There have been issues with using the Pandora service for several weeks now. D&M is aware of the issue and working on a solution via firmware update. For the Denon XX12 model owners, this issue has been listed in post #4 of the Denon AVR-XX12 Owner's thread linked in my sig. Also, take the time to review posts #1-6 in that thread if you haven't already as I also provide firmware changelog info.

Yeah, I saw that. I didn't see any mention of this specific problem, though. I wonder if there's some sort of serverside issue, not a local firmware foulup - especially since this happened to all three of us at once....
post #8 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 AM

I just noticed this yesterday with my Marantz AV7005. My other "smart" devices (e.g., Oppo BluRay) still log in just fine. Just adding my comment in the hopes that D&M gets a sense of how many of us are affected.
post #9 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 10:36 AM

I'm having the same exact problem on my 1913 and I'm glad to see it's not just me. Now I'll have to use it on my BDT-500P. I hate using the incredibly stupid touch pad remote.
post #10 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 11:33 AM

I just found this on another forum site. Can't vouch for the accuracy. Apparently Pandora instituted a new security mechanism, which is causing issues with streaming devices. Here's the link I found http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/63/637417.html
post #11 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashtime9 View Post

Maybe Pandora found out we didn't have to listen to commercials.

I did notice a message pop up asking if i was still there the day before. hadn't seen that before.
post #12 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
585-645-1006

This is a different Pandora issue than the one we've been talking about for the last couple of months in the Denon threads ...see below.

****** Note that although this memo was put out by Denon, it applies to ALL brands of AVRs that feature Pandora ********

Important Announcement for Denon Customers Using Pandora Internet Radio

Dear Denon customer,

Please be advised that Pandora Internet Radio has recently altered certain connection requirements which have temporarily blocked our products from connecting to the Pandora service. Our engineers are currently working hard and will have a firmware update available as soon as possible via the internet to resolve this issue. This should not affect your product’s ability to receive other music streaming services. Please visit our website for firmware update schedule information after 12/6.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that Pandora’s alteration has caused.

AV Receivers:

AVR-1613, AVR-1713, AVR-1913, AVR-2113CI, AVR-2313CI, AVR-3313CI, AVR-4520CI, AVR-1912, AVR-2112CI, AVR-2312CI, AVR-3312CI, AVR-3311CI, AVR-991, AVR-4311CI, AVR-A100

fivepnt1 likes this.

"JD" –
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 06:16 PM

So, I am not sure this is the appropriate thread, but here goes:
We have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822 (Budget-minded) and have loved it with our Inifnity speakers. Have loved listening to the Pandora radio and using the Airplay. Yesterday, I turned airplay off from my iPad to put the receiver on Pandora and received a message of "Server error" on our TV. My husband has reset things, turned it off, re-logged in to Pandora....nothing seems to work. In looking through this forum, it seems that it may be happening to people with other makes of receivers as well? Just looking for some confirmation that perhaps it is a Pandora issue and not an issue with our receiver.

Internet radio works fine, it's just the Pandora where we get the message "Server Error".

Thanks.
Kelly
post #14 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

I got the Are you still listening now and then. Well not now.
post #15 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 07:09 PM

I am having the same issue on my Denon 2312C. Glad it is not only me with this issue. Lets hope they get this fixed!
post #16 of 98 Old 11-30-2012, 07:27 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in the boon docks and the only station my 2112 will pick up is country. Thank God for my Roku
post #17 of 98 Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 AM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmlangston View Post

We have purchased a Pioneer VSX-822 (Budget-minded) and have loved it with our Inifnity speakers. Have loved listening to the Pandora radio and using the Airplay. Yesterday, I turned airplay off from my iPad to put the receiver on Pandora and received a message of "Server error" on our TV. My husband has reset things, turned it off, re-logged in to Pandora....nothing seems to work. In looking through this forum, it seems that it may be happening to people with other makes of receivers as well? Just looking for some confirmation that perhaps it is a Pandora issue and not an issue with our receiver.
Internet radio works fine, it's just the Pandora where we get the message "Server Error".
Thanks.
Kelly

Please read the post immediately above yours ... the current issue affects ALL brands.

"JD" –

post #18 of 98 Old 12-01-2012, 08:10 AM

I just noticed this issue today, when trying to use my 3311CI. Thanks for the reason from Denon. Just goes to show you in an interconnected world, when one vendor decides to change something it can have unexpected consequences to other devices. Test, test, test!

Anyways, I've noticed the service just abruptly stopping at times as well 'no internet connection'. Is this the other issue that you've all been discussing for several months now? I just figured it was my DD-WRT wireless bridge connection/cable modem/router issues going on. Was going to look at upgrading the firmware of the routers today.
post #19 of 98 Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmmlangston View Post

Thanks.
Kelly

Kelly same issue here with my pioneer sc 65. Pandora and Sirius get server error, but Internet radio and airplay work fine. Any suggestions anyone? All ready reset network unplugged.
post #20 of 98 Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM

So I get that it's a pandora issue but has anyone tried Sirius radio? I get same server error with that as well.
post #21 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 06:28 AM

I have a Marantz SR6006.

Last week I started seeing the "Are you still listening?" message and about 3/4 days ago I couldn't log in to Pandora anymore. When I try to get in using my username and password I see the "Please wait..." message flash briefly and that's it. If I try to create a new account I get a message saying that something's wrong with the activation... I tried a soft and a hard reset to no avail.
post #22 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 06:32 AM
585-645-1006

Please read post #12 above.

"JD" –

post #23 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 AM

Great. Glad to know other Pioneer owners are having the same issue, not just Denon receivers, as post 12 lists a lot of Denon receivers and not really other brands (that I can tell, anyway!) smile.gif
That is why I posted my original question, because I wasn't sure if it was specific to Denon based on the models listed there. But, obviously it is not.

As always, thank you to the people on this forum who are so knowledgable! Glad to know there is somewhere that I can come when I have questions and get a quick answer.

Merry Christmas Season to all!
KSL
post #24 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 07:06 AM
585-645-1006

I have edited it to be more broad in scope. smile.gif

"JD" –

post #25 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 AM

I'm having the same problem with Pandora on my Marantz receiver and will see what happens when Pandora fixes it. But, I'm also having a problem with Sirius XM on that receiver. I get and "incorrect username/password" message, but both are correct and work on all my other devices. I've even reset the password just be sure and re-entered several times.

By the way, I wrote to Sirius/XM and they told me to recheck my username/password and they gave me the following response:

• Please check that you are using the correct user name and password.
• If necessary, visit the Online Account Center at www.siriusxm.com/myaccount to reset your password.
• If you are using the correct name and password, try refreshing your page by pressing F5, Control R or Command R.

Since I clearly stated it was a Marantz receiver, the third step is useless and I'd already tried the first two.
post #26 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 PM

Liked: 11
FWIW, as of two minutes ago here in NV, my new TX-NR717 is still working just fine with the Pandora service so there must be something else going on here. It is not a global Pandora problem, as suggested above.

To get better than the limited wireless bandwidth of the UWF-1 with Pandora (64Kbps) and improve connection reliability, I am NOT using a wireless router to feed my TX-NR717. Instead I am using a wired Ethernet setup which uses my existing house AC wires. I have a Trendnet TPL-303E powerline transmitter/receiver located on one of the wired ports (via RJ45 Ethernet cable) of my wireless router and cable modem ingress point and the other TPL-303E transmitter/receiver is one floor up and about 150 feet away from the Internet ingress point. Both of the TPL-303Es are just plugged into regular AC wall outlets to access the house wiring; this setup gives me the full 128Kbps bandwidth of the Pandora service.

I am also using the higher bandwidth Spotify service (192Kbps transmission rate), with no dropouts or Internet re-connection problems when I power my Onkyo receiver up.
post #27 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM

Note to self....check forums before doing a hard reset frown.gif
Denon 3312 btw, my config file wouldn't load up so now it's back from scratch
post #28 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am listening to Pandora on my Yamaha 2010 as i type this message. However I am not getting it on my 4311.
post #29 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 02:19 PM
585-645-1006

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepnt1 View Post

Note to self....check forums before doing a hard reset frown.gif
Denon 3312 btw, my config file wouldn't load up so now it's back from scratch

Always confirm the config file is not all zeroes before considering it a good SAVE, otherwise it won't load, as you experienced.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1334369/the-official-denon-avr-xx12-model-owners-thread/0_100#user_E10
fivepnt1 likes this.

"JD" –

post #30 of 98 Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM

FWIW, this may depend on the technology used to login. My Pioneer 1022 AVR gets "server error" and won't work but my Sony S590 BD player authenticates and plays just find. Fun fun fun!

Rgds
Stephen
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page