SC-61 Software / Firmware Update - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update via internet: "Update Error 7" eek.gif

Been getting many Server Error halts when tuning into Pandora and also many drops. My Sony KDE40 tunes in right away and doesn't ever drop out. Thought maybe this update would address this issue.
Turned power off and back on agian as keyboard is locked out after Error 7.
Will download update to USB and try the internet update again. If it fails will try the USB method.

Internet Update hangs at 5%... Jumps to 20% and gives Server Error.
USB update fails also.

Ok, I fgured out after unzipping download, you also have to take the files out of the folder and put them on the USB stick by themselves.
Still fails though with a "UPDATE ERROR 6"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM

Liked: 11
Did you ever get this finished? I have the same problem, and have spent hours on the phone with Pioneer, I don't think they know what's going on either. I've tried everything they've asked, even though I knew that most of it wasn't going to work.
post #3 of 11 Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dane View Post

Did you ever get this finished? I have the same problem, and have spent hours on the phone with Pioneer, I don't think they know what's going on either. I've tried everything they've asked, even though I knew that most of it wasn't going to work.
No success. I went through the same scenario you are. Even bought some 512M SD card readers but that gave the same results as the 1 and 2Gig thumb drives. I think Pioneer didn't do their job correctly with the SC-61. Having said that though I believe an SC-61 owner posted success with his update.
I found a web interface and tried to update through there but somehow lost the IP address to the NICard. Now I can't see the SC-61 on my network anymore. I'll have to return it to the factory for fix now.
Good luck with it.
post #4 of 11 Old 01-14-2013, 04:59 PM

Thanks. They're now "turning this over to their engineers". He took all kinds of information from me, we'll see what happens. He'd earlier told me that I could take it to one of their service centers to get it upgraded. I really don't want to undo all my neat wiring, etc. to do that, but if they can't figure it out, I'll do that. I'll keep you posted on what I learn.
post #5 of 11 Old 01-14-2013, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Very good. I hope they learn something and get you fixed up. Too late for me though I fear. But I'd like to hear what happens. Thanks.
post #6 of 11 Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM

Ok, finally got it fixed. They sent me to Office Depot to buy a thumb drive with no frills. No security software, no encryption, nothing, just a storage medium. I used it and it worked. I had bought a drive a couple days ago that did have security software on it,because Best Buy didn't have anything else, but I did a total format on the drive. It wouldn't work. So apparently that's the secret. A no frills thumb drive. Someone had mentioned that in a different thread, but I didn't realize it really, really had to be no frills. Anyway, sorry for your problems, hope you get yours orked out. I know it's a pain to ship back.
post #7 of 11 Old 01-16-2013, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Here's another SC-61 with problems: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1452175/pioneer-elite-sc-61#post_22839048
I had tried many drives new and used, reformatted multiple ways no joy. Oh well. Glad you got yours straight.
Regards.
SL
post #8 of 11 Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

What size drive did you end up buying Steely?
post #9 of 11 Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM

Sorry, been out of pocket. Size really doesn't matter I found out. What you want to do is buy a simple drive, no software whatsoever on it. Turns out that the original drive I had bought had some security software on it. Even though I formatted it, it still wouldn't work. I went to Office Depot, told them I just wanted a thumb drive, nothing at all on there to begin with. Worked like a charm.
SLmanDR likes this.
post #10 of 11 Old 02-18-2013, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dane View Post

Sorry, been out of pocket. Size really doesn't matter I found out. What you want to do is buy a simple drive, no software whatsoever on it. Turns out that the original drive I had bought had some security software on it. Even though I formatted it, it still wouldn't work. I went to Office Depot, told them I just wanted a thumb drive, nothing at all on there to begin with. Worked like a charm.

I got the SC-61 unit back from repair and set it up again. The Network functions are back. Different IP but that ok. I had a USB drive plugged in and went to the Update section and found the drive had nothing on it so I swapped it for another drive (USB 2.0 Card Reader with SanDisk 512MB UltraII Stick) and restarted the update. Successful update in no time. Yea.
The repair shop said they replaced a component but didn't relate what it was. Can only guess but whatever it was, that was the culprit all along.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-14-2013, 04:58 AM

I too was getting these same errors with a Pioneer SC-61:
- when trying to update via Internet: "Internet Update Error 7"
- when trying to update using a USB stick: "The file may be damaged. Either reconnect device or replace it. Also try saving the update file again."

The solution for me was to reformat the USB stick for FAT32. I had tried various sticks and the one that finally worked was an old 1GB model.

Yeah!!! I really did not want to take this in for repair.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Elite Sc 61 7 2 Channel Network Ready Av Receiver

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page