Pioneer Receiver - HDMI blinking - no output to TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer Receiver (VSX-819H). It was working fine for about 3 years. Recently the TV picture went out. I also noticed the HDMI light was blinking on the receiver. I tried a new HDMI wire, but didn't work. I bypassed the receiver and connected the components directly to the tv via HDMI and they work fine. So I know it has something to do with the receiver HDMI input or output. Pioneer told me to reset the receiver which I can't get to work. I don't get the reset option when holding Band and holding the Standby button for 2 seconds. Does and HDMI part on these receivers go bad? Any advice?confused.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 09:32 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
Yes, HDMI boards can go bad as they are very sensitive to voltage fluctuations (especially with thunderstorms nearby). Unless Pioneer's reset procedure is different from Denon's, for the reset procedure to work, you would press/hold those two buttons on the front panel of the AVR while powering ON the AVR (ie. you don't just press them while it's already ON).

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks - I figured out how to reset. Turning off the multi zone display allowed the reset to come up. So I reset it but still have the same problem with HDMI blinking and no picture. We didn't have a thunderstorm when it went bad. Maybe too much dust though. I guess I can connect HDMIs directy to the TV and wire just the sound to the receiver by component wire. Hate to add wires and lose quality though. Will pioneer send me a new HDMI board? Any other suggestions?
post #4 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 AM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1300
No, they don't just send you repair parts. If the AVR is still under warranty, then give Pioneer a call and see what they can do for you. If they determine it is the HDMI board that is defective, you'll likely have to ship it to a Pioneer repair facility. Note that should you have to go to optical/digital coax, it's doubtful you would be able to tell any difference in audio quality listening to the higher bitrate lossy DD/DTS audio tracks on BDs over optical/digital coax vs. listening to the HD audio tracks over HDMI.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #5 of 6 Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

ok - thanks for your help!
post #6 of 6 Old 01-29-2014, 09:42 AM

Hello,

Were you able to solve your problem and if so how?  I have a VSX-1121 and I recently started experiencing a similar problem.  I am trying to run an Apple TV through my AVR to my TV.  When I attempt to do so, the HDMI light on the pioneer blinks every 5-10 seconds or so, but nothing is ever displayed on the TV.  If I connect the Apple TV directly to the TV and run audio out from the TV to the AVR, then it works okay, but I only have RCA outs on the TV so it's all stereo.  I'd prefer to utilize surround sound.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Pioneer Vsx 819h K 5 Channel A V Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page