Owners Thread Cambridge Audio 651r/751r - Page 24 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #691 of 705 Old 01-02-2015, 09:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFouad View Post
I own a CA751 and while the sound quality is great I am still encountering very annoying problems with sound dropping/cutting several times while watching TV/youtube videos + 1-2 seconds delay of sound whenever I play a new file (audio or video). Some youtube videos are just unwatchable with this receiver, you just cant hear anything, it cuts every two seconds.
I have now had my 751R for a year (got it on 31 December, 2013). I have had no problems with it at all, that is, it hasn't failed or anything like that.

However, I too, have had the occassional 1 second loss of sound when playing CDs, changing tracks etc. Although I have not watched too many youtube videos (done via my PC which is connected via HDMI to my 751R) I have had no problems at all when watching those videos - no cutting out or sound dropping.

Not overly impressed with Cambridge Audio's after sales support. While they did respond promptly, their answers were generic and avoided being specific which is what I required.

But the dealership that I got the 751R from has a good reputation for after sales support so that is what I'd recommend to purchasers of this gear - to ensure you buy from a reputable dealership known for their after sales support.

Another one bites the dust...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 705 Old 01-05-2015, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
New CX Series

CA has a new series with two AVR

http://www.whathifi.com/news/ces-201...rong-cx-series

It seems they have all the missed features and they are looking very nice.

Last in the new Cambridge range is a pair of CXR AV receivers - the CXR200 and CXR120. Both, says Cambridge, aim to deliver the necessary sound quality for "audiophiles seeking a powerful, immersive home cinema experience".
The AV amps deliver 200 and 120 watts per channel respectively, with the more powerful CXR200 sporting an extra HDMI input (eight inputs, two outputs compared with seven and two), plus support for a Zone Two.
Both amps support 7.2-channel sound, 4K and 3D video, streaming capabilities as found on the dedicated CXN network player, high-res support, DSD and SACD playback, and MHL and USB connectivity.
Again, the new Cambridge Connect phone and tablet apps can be used to control the devices.
post #693 of 705 Old 01-06-2015, 03:24 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yeah got the anouncement this morning. They look gorgeous, wonder what room correction software they are gonna use.

Focal Chorus 816v, CC800, 807V, SVS PB2000, Cambridge 751r, OPPO 103D.
post #694 of 705 Old 01-06-2015, 04:52 AM

Liked: 10
Yo can find more info on Cambridge Audio website: http://www.cambridgeaudio.com/products/cx-series
post #695 of 705 Old 01-06-2015, 08:56 AM

Guys who bought the V2 will be pi........

post #696 of 705 Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wonder if the new ones will move past the charming 'Commodore 64' styling on the on screen menus?
post #697 of 705 Old 01-09-2015, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by glinkot View Post
Wonder if the new ones will move past the charming 'Commodore 64' styling on the on screen menus?
Full colour OSD according to their site.

I have to say I find these AVRs incredibly exciting, I'm on the lookout for a new AVR, specifically for 2 channel. I was thinking of going for one of the slim Marantz amps with a Crown power amp. One of these would make the extra box redundant and these look spot on. I mean they're still a big black box but I haven't seen a nicer looking AVR from anyone else.
post #698 of 705 Old 01-15-2015, 03:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleFun View Post
In the harmony activity startup command sequence you can add additional commands including changing the 751r input. If the commands don't work then try changing the device delays - see power advanced settings. I don't have access to my 751r just now and can't tell you my settings.
Hi TripleFun, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it did not help. I could not find these "startup command sequence" settings. Here's what I did: In the Harmony configuration program, I selected one of the affected activities and clicked on "troubleshoot". In the troubleshoot submenu, I selected "when I first turn on my AVR it never goes to the correct input" (actually, the AVR always uses the same input that was used when it was turned off). This selection opened another submenu, where I selected "I need to press Help all the time to select the correct input" (indeed, the input selection can be corrected using the "help"-button). Then I was asked to specify input delay. I typed 8000 ms (which is more than necessary: my 751rV2 needs about 6 seconds to get ready). Now, selecting a new activity takes considerably longer but I still have to press "help" to correct the input selection, every time I turn on the AVR. Any more ideas?

Another problem I have with my 751rV2 is the Audyssey-Setup: I never could complete the speaker calibration. Every time I try it, I get "Audyssey-Error: Ambient noise is too high" - although it is absolutely quiet. I already tried turning off all other devices in the room (not only those connected to the AVR), switching off all dimmers, mounting the microphone on a stand, .. nothing helped. Did anybody ever successfully complete the automated speaker calibration for a 751rV2?
post #699 of 705 Old 01-15-2015, 06:37 AM

There is no owner thread about 551R so try to ask here. I'm interested in 551R model but I'm not sure about Hdmi Cec feature. Is this true that this model isn't compatible with Cec? even the V2 version?

thanks

red5
post #700 of 705 Old 01-15-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linefader View Post
Hi TripleFun, thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, it did not help. I could not find these "startup command sequence" settings.
In the harmony application, redo the activity setup and on conclusion you will be prompted to input further device specific commands that will be executed on startup.
post #701 of 705 Old 01-20-2015, 10:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hi - just received and set up a CA Azur 351R. Love it, great sound - the only thing that drives me nuts is the defaulted Power Down. My habits include listening to some music, doing something else, then listening to more music. My Harmony One gets all in a tizzy when I try to re-launch an activity because it thinks the amp is still on.

Long story short - does anyone know how to defeat the annoying automatic power down, or alter its timing, so I can control it myself?

Thanks!
Andrew
post #702 of 705 Unread Yesterday, 03:45 AM

Well i have posted this question twice without too much response so i answered it myself and bought an Anthem MRX 500 and finally got to compare it with the 751R. Some would say it's not a fair comparison that i should have at least did it with a MRX710 well let me tell you that the 500 did blow the 751R out of the water. One important fact that i want to mention, this review is my own opinion based mostly on a subjective base. I want to make clear that i do not have the pretention to hold the Truth. Why did i find the 500 to beat the 751, two words: bass management. Both are at complete oposite sides of the spectrum. The Cambridge with its basic Audyssey version does verry little and what it does to bass management doesnt help much. In fact it hurts bass quality. The Anthem with Arc correction EQs the subwoofer and the integration with the rest of the speakers is spot on. I cant tell you how much of an improvement it does to multi channel listening, either music or movies. I cant say that I'm a die hard basshead but i will tell you this: Anthem has made me rediscover my SVS PB2000 in a way that i never heard it before. Tight, versatile, detailed and what a punch!!! I'm not saying that Cambridge is a piece of crap, far from it but a 3000$ Multi channel receiver should do better with bass management. Let's hope that the CX series got that.......

post #703 of 705 Unread Today, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleFun View Post
In the harmony application, redo the activity setup and on conclusion you will be prompted to input further device specific commands that will be executed on startup.
hm, thanks, but it seems to be more complicated: There is a radio button labeled "I want to add more control of options and devices for this activity" but I cannot add extra startup commands here (only extra devices etc.)
post #704 of 705 Unread Today, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linefader View Post
hm, thanks, but it seems to be more complicated: There is a radio button labeled "I want to add more control of options and devices for this activity" but I cannot add extra startup commands here (only extra devices etc.)
My bad. Yes, run that command and it confirms your devices and ends with an option to add mor device specific command sequences.
post #705 of 705 Unread Today, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francky View Post
Well i have posted this question twice without too much response so i answered it myself and bought an Anthem MRX 500 and finally got to compare it with the 751R. Some would say it's not a fair comparison that i should have at least did it with a MRX710 well let me tell you that the 500 did blow the 751R out of the water. One important fact that i want to mention, this review is my own opinion based mostly on a subjective base. I want to make clear that i do not have the pretention to hold the Truth. Why did i find the 500 to beat the 751, two words: bass management. Both are at complete oposite sides of the spectrum. The Cambridge with its basic Audyssey version does verry little and what it does to bass management doesnt help much. In fact it hurts bass quality. The Anthem with Arc correction EQs the subwoofer and the integration with the rest of the speakers is spot on. I cant tell you how much of an improvement it does to multi channel listening, either music or movies. I cant say that I'm a die hard basshead but i will tell you this: Anthem has made me rediscover my SVS PB2000 in a way that i never heard it before. Tight, versatile, detailed and what a punch!!! I'm not saying that Cambridge is a piece of crap, far from it but a 3000$ Multi channel receiver should do better with bass management. Let's hope that the CX series got that.......
I totally agree, however, I used a dspeaker antimode 8033 cinema bass correction with my 751r and like your experience with the anthem it made my system 'come alive'. Even the wife noticed the improvement! Looking at the CX details available to date I have yet to find mention of audyssey?
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Audio Azur 651r Home Cinema Receiver , Cambridge Audio Ltd , Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 751r Black
Gear in this thread - 751r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page