Owners Thread Cambridge Audio 651r/751r - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #751 of 754 Old 07-01-2015, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecmess View Post
Thanks for the reply.

I could not audition and went solely on reviews, which said it was a music performer. To me it sounds thin, edgy and jumbles complex passages. I have to turn it up to get dynamics, then have to back it down because it bothers my ears. It could be it doesn't mesh with my speakers - Revel F208s.

I believe the 200 has a USB DAC at 24/192 but no room correction. I have never used room correction on any of my equipment as I never liked what it did. I don't own a PC and can't setup ARC anyway on the Anthem, and I'm not going to buy Bootcamp.

Looking at the pictures of the rear of the CXR200 I don't see a USB Type B port which is why I said there is no USB port for PC ASIO music interface. Interesting that your Revel speakers don't work all that well with the CXR200. The ability to work well with all speaker types was a major strength of the Cambridge products. As such I still suggest you look at a 751R and pair it with either a 752bd, oppo bdp105 or the new CA CXN. Of course a PC (second hand notebook?) would open up a lot more connectivity options.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 754 Old 07-01-2015, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Sorry - my comments with the Revels is for the Anthem.

AH - there is a front USB port - which I assume is for an iPod. No USB in the back that I can see.

Thanks
post #753 of 754 Unread Today, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
CA 651r Firmware

Hello

I recently purchased a CA 651r and had problems with the BiAmp setup in direct mode with analogue inputs.
When I spoke to CA Support it turned out to be a known issue with the version of firmware on my receiver, but they could not send me the update file I would have to take the Reciever back to RS where I bought it for them to update it.
Spoke to RS and they cant do it while I wait so I would need to leave the reciever with them which I am not keen on.
I then came across this thread and noticed that the Firmware and instructions for updating had been shared on here between members previously.

Would anyone be kind enough to email a copy to me?

spinaltapt-at-gmail
post #754 of 754 Unread Today, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinaltapt View Post
Hello

I recently purchased a CA 651r and had problems with the BiAmp setup in direct mode with analogue inputs.
When I spoke to CA Support it turned out to be a known issue with the version of firmware on my receiver, but they could not send me the update file I would have to take the Reciever back to RS where I bought it for them to update it.
Spoke to RS and they cant do it while I wait so I would need to leave the reciever with them which I am not keen on.
I then came across this thread and noticed that the Firmware and instructions for updating had been shared on here between members previously.

Would anyone be kind enough to email a copy to me?

spinaltapt-at-gmail
Be careful you want to use the correct locale firmware this is american site generally you want uk avforums

Pivetta Opera
Bose Jewel speakers.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Cambridge Audio Azur 651r Home Cinema Receiver , Cambridge Audio Ltd , Cambridge Audio , Cambridge Audio Azur 751r Black
Gear in this thread - 751r by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page