replace1066 rotel for hdmi - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-03-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi all, I have a rotel 1066, it doesn't have hdmi. I could get around this using the multi channel inputs and sending the video directly to my projector. I will be using the oppo 103. I am thinking about replacing the rotel with the new outlaw 975. My question is other than using one cable(hdmi) vs several component cables, what would be the advantage to buying a new precessor? In general would this purchase be a down grade.? I know the 975 is very new and I have only read one review so not much to go on yet. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
This is the reason why I moved away from Rotel because they are slow to adapt to switching changes. However, I don't feel like I have had the same quality in the sound department since. I moved from separates, Lexicon with ATI amps to a Rotel and didn't think the sound quality suffered much at all but when I changed from a Rotel to a Denon, I noticed a much bigger difference in sounds quality. This was to my ears and in my room though, so everyone's mileage will vary.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

I think I'm going to purchase the outlaw. My rotel remote needs replaced (worn out) and I will need more component cables. I won't be able to see the on screen menu of the rotel either since I would be bypassing all video direct to projector. None of these are big things in themselves but they kinda start to add up.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-04-2012, 11:30 AM
LVS
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
please report what you think of the Outlaw.

I am considering going back to separates and take a leap on the Emotiva UMC-200 and UPA-500 for a modest separates setup similar in price to the receivers I have been purchasing. The Denon has the Audyssey MultEQ XT but I think this is partly what is killing the sound.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-07-2012, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davey r View Post

I think I'm going to purchase the outlaw. My rotel remote needs replaced (worn out) and I will need more component cables. I won't be able to see the on screen menu of the rotel either since I would be bypassing all video direct to projector. None of these are big things in themselves but they kinda start to add up.

Did you purchase the Outlaw, if so I would be interested in how it works. I know you said you will purchase a Oppo 103 or you already have one, have you ever considered using it as a preamp.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-07-2012, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVS View Post

please report what you think of the Outlaw.
I am considering going back to separates and take a leap on the Emotiva UMC-200 and UPA-500 for a modest separates setup similar in price to the receivers I have been purchasing. The Denon has the Audyssey MultEQ XT but I think this is partly what is killing the sound.

Have you purchase the Emotiva umc-200 if so I would be interested in how it works and how you have it setup. I was also looking at the Emotiva but I have read that it has not been realiable at least the Umc-1, I don't know about the Umc-200.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-27-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

it's been a while but I did purchase the outlaw 975 ....I'm not too impressed. Maybe my fault, not sure.

I have two isssues I can't resolve. 1) the unit must be turned up quite hi (18 19 etc.) to be very loud. 2) My sub ( lfm-1ex also an outlaw) doesn't do much, very little bass output. Volume on sub must be around 7 and the bass that's there is very sloppy. I have tripple checked all set ups and don't know what's wrong? I'll be calling monday to see what I can figure out. In the mean time if anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page