power on off problem denon 2309ci - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so i just got a denon avr, i connected the power and turned it on started messing with stuff to check it out, was on for about 30 minutes. I then shut it off and connected coax digital and 5.1 to test it out, when i turned it back on it went on then off again, so i figured i had some crossed lines, i disconnected everything then turned back, same thing on and then off again after first click. So i tired the next thing and did the processor reset, reset worked fine, then went to power on, and again on and then off immediately. At this point im assuming i have an internal short or something, i cleaned the inside with air and shook it about a bit to make sure there was nothing in there, still no dice. So either i ****ed it up somehow or the problem just happened to manifest at that moment for some reason, idk but this sucks. Somewhat up shits creek here i think.

So either i return it to seller and get my money back, or i could buy a warranty cost me an extra 40 bucks and i can send it off to be fixed, and either they fix it or i get my money back anyways, but i cant file a claim until 45 days later so in all ill have to wait about 55 days or so to get it sorted that way.

avr in question is 2309ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 04:48 PM
585-645-1006

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 1320
Disconnect everything from the AVR .. .sources ... speaker wire. If it still shuts down, then return it.

---------------------------------
"JD" – jd@avscience.com ; shop.avscience.com ; 585-645-1006, AVScience - AVSForum sponsor for 15 years  
Mon - Fri: 8am – 8pm EST (Sat/Sun, leave message)
Call for pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Klipsch, Def Tech, Oppo, Parasound 
** Think the AVR is defective?  Reset the microprocessor 4-5 times. 
post #3 of 3 Old 12-06-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yup looks like ill send it back, gonna just go through a proper source i guess like accesories4less and get a 890 refurb or something.
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 2309ci Receiver
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page