Best chioice amp for under 1000 dollars for my system - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Let me start by saying I'm completely clueless whether I even need an amp. I don't know if I'll notice an improvement in sound quality or not so I'll let you guys who know infinitely more than I tell me.

My system is a Denon 2113ci receiver, Ascend 340's across the front, 170's for rears and a pair of Klipsch RW12-d Subs.
I have a Panasonic 220 bluray player and a xbox not that those matter but what the hey.

Don't know if this matters either but Since getting this equipement I have found myself sitting here after work listening to pandora for hours.
So I like to listen with the Dolby PLII Music setting, I listen at -10db to 0db same with movies and when playing games on xbox.
So probally more info than needed but you never know.

Thanks for the help. And thanks to this forum I have spent piles of money on new gear in the last month, now I'm wondering if I need an Amp, God help me!

Panasonic TC-P65VT50
Denon 2113ci
Panasonic DMP-BDT220P
Ascend CMT-340SE L/R
Ascend CMT-340SE Center
Ascend CBM-170SE Surrounds
Klipsch RW12-D x 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You may need an amp if the amp is causing more distortion and clipping than what the speakers are. Normally adding an amp improves the sound quality, but only if your speakers aren't the weakest link and a 2way MTM can become a weak link pretty quick. Maybe see if you can bi-amp them with your receiver first and see if you like the improvement. For amp upgrades, I like the improvements the Behringer EP2500/4000 can give. Two of those will power your front three speakers with a channel to spare.

YID DIY
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page