Recommendation Between Anthem Dv2 vs Arcam FMJ 888 or Denon AVP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Guys,

Been some time i have not posted on here or been following any post. I have just upgraded my Speakers from JTR (Hissing Noise is driving me Nuts).
My Current Setup:
Danley SH50 (Front Left & Right)
Danley SH69 (Centre)
Danley SH100 (Rear)
Seaton Subwoofer X 2 (Setup at the front Screen)

My current problems or weakest link in the chain seems to be the Pre-Amp Processor Onkyp PR SC 5509 its terrible with 2 channels and watching movies is boring and audyssey has seem to add more noise on the upper regions of the frequency, yes the sound stage feels wider but the tones feel more edged out and has a slight ear screeching noise on tone tones.
I know processors are not holding value well after few years; this is something I must factor in as this hobby is expensive in its own right..

Even thought I would like a very good 2 channel I am thinking it’s a wiser choice to just settle for a dedicated 2 channel pre-amp which also allows me further flexibility. Even though 2 channel is important I need the processor to do its job on the multi channels.
The ones which seem to be an option for me are the following:

Anthem DV2 (With ARC)
Denon AVP (With audyssey)
Or Arcam FMJ (No Correction System??)

My Amplifier is a Ultra Quiet ATI 3007 Monster, It performs flawlessly and has a very black background compared to my previous Emotive Amps which are noisy as hell. I am looking for a fully balance setup. Something which will last me for at least 3-4 years till its time for another upgrade.
If I go with the Arcam is possible to buy a DSP unit which can correct the room problems. My Room is heavily treated with Bass Traps and Panels so I don’t know how much more this would help?

My Importance are,
SQ
Features
Bug Free as much as possible with Reliability and flexibility
Fully Balaned (If possible)
Plays all Audio Codecs.

I will be importing this into Indonesia where I live currently.

Home Theatre: Onkyo PR SC 5509, ATI 3007 Danley SH50, Danley SH69, Danley SH100 (Rear), Seaton Subwoofer X 2, Custom Made Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps.

2 Channel System: Philharmonics 3, GD Audio Master 2 Mono Blocks, GD Audio Master 1 Pre-Amp. Wireworld Eclipse Gold 5 Silver XLR, Clear Day...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-07-2012, 06:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I don't know what the cost differentials are between your country and mine, but the Denon 4311 would be an excellent choice plus cost wise would give you the option of adding a 2 channel preamp for music. If you don't mind tubes the Cary SLP-03 would be a fine addition for your music. It has both a HT pass through and balanced inputs. In addition they recently reduced the price by $1000. The cost of both would be significantly less than the Anthem. Also the Cary will be a keeper for years.smile.gif
post #3 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 02:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
What is the diffrence between the Denon AVP and the 4311? I have a 7 channel balanced Amplifier was hoping to run the whole system balanced. I just notice the background seems clearer for some reason then using RCA connection.

From the reviews on the site, i can arcam is leading the pack on SQ but lacks all the features one gets on AV as compared to the Denon AVP or Anthem Dv2.

Home Theatre: Onkyo PR SC 5509, ATI 3007 Danley SH50, Danley SH69, Danley SH100 (Rear), Seaton Subwoofer X 2, Custom Made Acoustic Panels and Bass Traps.

2 Channel System: Philharmonics 3, GD Audio Master 2 Mono Blocks, GD Audio Master 1 Pre-Amp. Wireworld Eclipse Gold 5 Silver XLR, Clear Day...
post #4 of 4 Old 12-09-2012, 02:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassfeen View Post

What is the diffrence between the Denon AVP and the 4311? I have a 7 channel balanced Amplifier was hoping to run the whole system balanced. I just notice the background seems clearer for some reason then using RCA connection.
From the reviews on the site, i can arcam is leading the pack on SQ but lacks all the features one gets on AV as compared to the Denon AVP or Anthem Dv2.

Not getting into if its good/bad/doesn't matter discussion but if you want to be fully balanced the avp is the only one that does that. There is no other pre/pro in this pricerange that also has that.

Daniel.

for men to evolve we have to upgrade
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page