My Receiver is Humming!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-11-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

This is my first post in forever. My NAD T742 AV Receiver has developed a humming sound. The humming is heard through the speakers and it seems to reduce the audio about 90%. That is when a movie, tape or T.V. is being played the humming dominates the sound coming from the speakers. Its as though the audio volume has been turned down 90% and the humming is heard over it. Not because the humming is so loud that it overpowers sound of the audio at normal volume. The humming also comes and goes and each time it returns it takes longer to disappear.
What is happening to my receiver? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Happy Holidays.

TA

I am the Night Rider! I'm a fuel injected suicide machine! -- Night Rider from Mad Max

My DVD Collection
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-16-2012, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
*Toastedaudiolab hears nothing but crickets chirping and taps the top of the microphone* "Is this thing turned on?"

I'm replying to my own post in order to put it back at the top of the list and to fish for a few replies. Please read preceeding post and reply...if you have a reply. I can even rewrite it if it doesn't make sense.
Thanks again in advance for any help you can provide. cool.gif

TA

I am the Night Rider! I'm a fuel injected suicide machine! -- Night Rider from Mad Max

My DVD Collection
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page