Pioneer SC-67 - No HDMI Audio problem from Nvidia 500 series card - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-12-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an HTPC running dual Nvidia 570 cards (SLI) - windows 8 pro box. Just upgraded to the SC-67 from a 82TXS receiver, and am unable to get the audio to work on the HDMI inputs. I Previously had no trouble with audio over HDMI on the 82TXS. The new receiver works just fine with all other components. I have burned many hours, and am about ready to give up and install a DTS encoding card and use the optical input.I did turn off processing on the receiver and enable passthrough. Other things I tried:

Updated receiver firmware, Changed HDMI cables, changed video card the cable was connected to, removed and updated drivers (clean install - both latest certified drivers and beta drivers). I verified the Nvidia HDMI audio driver is installed, and at one point the receiver was listed under "playback devices" in the windows audio panel as "disconnected". At this point it doesn't show up in the windows audio playback devices at all - not even as a disconnected or disabled device. I do see the Nvidia audio devices in the device manager.

I'm wondering if anyone else has had a simmilar issue with the SC-67 or SC-68.

i would appreciate any insight at this point!

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Make sure you've either duplicated or extended your desktop. You need to do this seperately for each display you attach to a given HDMI port. Your receiver can count as two different displays, one for the receiver alone, and one for when the TV connected to the receiver is turned on.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

I did check to make sure the displays were set correctly. It only shows one, which is the SC-67...
Old 12-12-2012, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 81
It should show two displays, your computer monitor and the SC-67. Your desktop needs to be either duplicatied or extended so that it appears on both your computer monitor and your SC-67.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

It only shows one connected display.... Like I said if I swap back to the TX82, it works fine. It appears to be an issue with the HDMI connection between the Nvidia card and the receiver... Maybe a future firmware update will fix it... For Now I installed a DTS encoding sound card and connected via optical input.

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:06 PM

Liked: 11

Set it up like this. And your golden

Asus Maximus IV GeneZ--i5 2500K @ 4.2Ghz-8Gb Corsair 1.5v 9-9-9-243x --Intel x25m 80Gb & Corsair GT 240Gb--GTX780by Evga-- Corsair AX 850 PSU--Denon AVR x1000--Asus PB278Q monitor